Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    candyCAN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2011, 01:03 PM
    hi... dentist took out nerve without telling me... nerve taken out of right back molar
    hi... dentist took out nerve without telling me... nerve taken out of right back molar in dec last year. Said he will complete root canal in 5 months(to give me time to save up to pay for it) I went back 4 days later to clean it out again as it didn't feel right. Then went to clean out again in end of jan and then recently again as I had terrible pain there - he thought maybe absess but x-ray showed up fine- said maybe blocked eustation tube etc. went to ENT who said maybe so ,not sure ,put me on antihistamines and nose spray. Was meant to go and complete root canal next Tuesday but a piece of my tooth fell/broke off today . What are the options now? Can they save the tooth? Or pull the tooth? What are disadvantages of pulling tooth
    summer_girl Posts: 146, Reputation: 48

Mar 17, 2011, 01:43 PM
    A root canal means removing the nerve. They have to do that when you want to keep the tooth but there isn't enough tooth remaining to crown it without you being in pain.

It depends how much tooth broke off, and whether it was just on top or down to the gum line. You'll have to have them look at it to tell you for sure if it can be saved.

They can always pull the tooth, and in fact it's not very expensive if you have to pay. Insurance usually covers it if you have that. The disadvantages are that it will be sore afterwards, and then you have to decide if you want a bridge to replace it, or an implant. Neither one is cheap, and you have to decide if you want to be able to have a tooth there or not. Every time you lose a tooth, it makes room for the others to shift around.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If only we had the nerve to do this! [ 6 Answers ]

For all Who Work With Rude Customers, shame WE can't actually do this! An award should go to the Virgin Airlines desk attendant in Sydney some months ago for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo. A...

Nerve Medication [ 3 Answers ]

Hallo guys... Can any one list me a good combination of Herbal Remedies that can ease or cure pain resulting from Nerve problems.. :) Gud day n take care.

Pinched Nerve. [ 1 Answers ]

What can I do to ease a Pinched Nerve?:confused:

View more questions Search