Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MCarter0503 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2011, 10:54 AM
    What to do about my daughter's absent father?
    My 7 yr old daughter and I haven't had any contact with her father in over 6 years. I recently was summoned by the state to appear at a child support hearing to discuss his child support. He only pays a few months a year, when he does gets a job and they take it out of his paycheck. He catches up on his back pay each year when they take his income tax refund. Its always a lot because he has 5 other children.(My daughter was 1st). So now he's all caught up on his child support and is threatening to get a lawyer and get visitation. For the past 6 years he could only see my daughter through a supervised gov program because of a protective order I got against him 6 yrs ago when he was violent towards me and my daughter. He never participated in the program because it cost money. I don't trust him with my daughter, and I'm afraid the court will give him visitation. I just want what is best for my daughter and I fear that this low life coming back into her life with all his instability and other children will just confuse, and disrupt how well she is doing. She has a lot of loving people in her life and I think bringing in her father will do more harm then good. Help!
    summer_girl Posts: 146, Reputation: 48

Mar 17, 2011, 11:03 AM
    Talk to your lawyer and see if you need to revisit the protective order after all this time. It sounds like he never met the requirements of it and would still have to pay to go through that program in addition to paying a lawyer in order to try to get visitation. If money is a perpetual issue for him, then it helps you to make sure there are financial obstacles for him to overcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find an absent father [ 4 Answers ]

My name is Angel Sharp of Covington Louisiana, I have a 11 year old son that has never met his father. I have been looking for Robert L. Boyes of California since my son was born. Rob is about 38 or 39, I met him in New Orleans Louisiana. He worked as a welder in Gulfport Mississippi in 1998 until...

Absent father [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter father has not seen her for seven year but ORS is taking money from him for child support. Does he still have right to her?

Absent father [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter is 10 yrs old and she never lived with her father he has never been in her life... I don't know where he is located and I want to know how can I have sole custody I have to renew her passport and can't do it with out his consent... any suggestions?

Questions about absent father [ 3 Answers ]

My 5 yr old daughter is asking many questions about her absent father. She has no relationship and has never met her father. What are the right answers that won't hurt her?

Absent Father [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old son whose father has been absent his entire life. Meaning no child support. He does call occasionally but he doesn't give me one dime for my son. He says he loves my son and what not. Is there a way I could terminate his parental rights?

View more questions Search