Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girijanms Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Kebab
    I need to know how to preapre a Kebab (grilling or shallow frying) from the minced meat?
    SingleMom7105 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 3, 2007, 02:33 PM
    My family makes kebabs all the time... we use chicken, pork or beef, stack on vegies and let is soak for a couple hours in merinate. Then we grill them. I think that's the best.
    girijanms Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 12:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleMom7105
    My family makes kebabs all the time...we use chicken, pork or beef, stack on vegies and let is soak for a couple hours in merinate. then we grill them. i think thats the best.
    The problem, we are facing is that the minced meat (covnerted to Kofta by adding parsley, finely chopped onion, boiled mashed potato) is not holding on the skewer.
    It always comes off. I even tried by adding corn flour in order to bind the meat.
    Thank you in advance
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Feb 12, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Try a different kind of skewer. There are several types and it sounds like the ones you are using are too large in diameter for the consistancy of the marinated meat you've prepared. You can also use a vegetable at both ends like a cut pepper or a whole mushroom to push the meat together and hold it on the kabob if you're using really tender meat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search