Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HeidiJ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Marble or Granite for a wine bar w/ stainless bar sink?
    Would Marble be an appropriate choice for a bar top that will have a small stainless steel undermount bar sink?

I have been quoted the same price for marble or granite. Are these counter tops usually the same price?
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Jan 21, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Hi Heidi,
    Though I don't know a great deal about such, I do know they are both generally pricey. Marble though, assuming it is a solid slab, I would generally consider to likely be the more expensive of the two materials. Though this might depend somewhat on the type of marble, or even granite. Hopefully someone will know better than me.
    The one caution with marble is that it is generally relatively susceptible to water staining. One thus has to be careful to clean up any spills within a reasonable period to avoid such.
    Sorry I can't be of more help. Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grounding Bar vs. Neutral Bar? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all. I have extended the wires from an unused 240 outlet to the backyard for a spa via a sub-panel. I also hooked up a new grounding electrode near it to avoid having to run a fourth wire all the way back to the main panel. This fourth wire goes to the small grounding bar in the sub-panel...

Annoying Internet Bar over the Task Bar [ 1 Answers ]

My grandson has messed around with my computer and an annoying Bar now sits over the Task bar when on the internet. To the extreme left is Internet Explorer logo e] followed by DONE. To the extreme right is a Blue Globe followed by INTERNET. If a URL is clicked the bar then shows :...

Bar sink [ 1 Answers ]

What is the proper height for the drain outlet that would be stubbed into the wall.

Basement bar sink [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a small basement bar sink that will be used infrequently. I was considering using an air admittance valve after the trap instead of running a vent to the roof. The drain will go about 15 feet before entering the main drain stack just before it exists the basement. There will be...

Extending utility sink drain for bar sink [ 2 Answers ]

I have a utility sink in my walk-out basement - that sink's 1.5 inch drain connection is approx. 18" above the floor, into a two inch horizontal run. This 2 inch horizontal PVC runs about 3 feet, then connects to a main 3" DWV. I would like to add a bar sink, set into a standard height (36")...

View more questions Search