Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aaasss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2011, 11:59 PM
    Campbell, Cohen (Attorneys at Law) is scam or not scam?
    If anyone can tell my please answer me
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 16, 2011, 04:29 AM
    What country are they in?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 16, 2011, 06:45 AM
    Canada.
    Did you watch his video speaking to the Senate?
    I don't think you could find a finer and more ethical lawyer. I would hire him in a minute.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2011, 11:10 AM

I don't trust hucksters spending HUGE amount of money on TV ads. It's the most expensive advertizing medium there is. If they are good they won't NEED to advertise on TV. THey would have a reputation in the legal community for their specialty. Same applies to Doctors.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2011, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I don't trust hucksters spending HUGE ammount of money on TV ads. Its the most expensive advertizing medium there is. If they are good they won't NEED to advertise on TV. THey would have a reputation in the legal community for their specialty. Same applies to Doctors.
    Got to disagree with you, Smoothy. Yes, TV advertising is expensive. Not all attorneys who chose to use it are "hucksters." The economy has hit attorneys as hard as it has hit some of the others of us.

Having a reputation in the legal community does you no good unless it's your plan to represent other attorneys. No one would spend money on advertising if they didn't feel it was necessary.

I work for some of the largest law firms in my area. Almost all of the advertise. None of them are hucksters; all of them are qualified; most of them are VERY good.

That certainly doesn't mean I agree with all legal ads that are out there (one nationwide firm has a VERY misleading ad) but in my area the locals who advertise are good - and are simply looking for business.

Perhaps your experience with the legal "industry" is different from mine.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2011, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Got to disagree with you, Smoothy. Yes, TV advertising is expensive. Not all attorneys who chose to use it are "hucksters." The economy has hit attorneys as hard as it has hit some of the others of us.

Having a reputation in the legal community does you no good unless it's your plan to represent other attorneys. No one would spend money on advertising if they didn't feel it was necessary.

I work for some of the largest law firms in my area. Almost all of the advertise. None of them are hucksters; all of them are qualified; most of them are VERY good.

That certainly doesn't mean I agree with all legal ads that are out there (one nationwide firm has a VERY misleading ad) but in my area the locals who advertise are good - and are simply looking for business.

Perhaps your experience with the legal "industry" is different from mine.
    Possible... I learned early on to be on high alert when anyone tries a hard sell. The harder someone pushes something the more likely you are to get taken, and that is almost universally true.

I don't disagree some of them are good. Just that there are enough bad ones to not make any assumptions. Be it car insurance... Kaboom cleaner, or the next bestest (intentional misspelling) labor saving invention.

Advertisers have a financial incentive to stretch the facts... not many are watching for the consumers best interests. Except in fairly rare cases. Sorting out the good from the bad isn't easy for the average person.

Spend some time in another country.. watch the TV ads... its WORSE in Europe. But I assume Canada is pretty close to our standards here... however low those may be.

Not disagreeing... just wanted to explain WHY I believe what I do.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2011, 02:25 PM

Sure, not a problem - and we agree to disagree on some points.

I liked the "old" days (quite frankly) when NO attorneys advertised; then it turned into "say whatever you want and no one cares;" now NY has taken a stand on some advertisements and the wording "Past results are not indicative of the results we can expect in your matter" (or similar words) because attorneys were running around making wild claims.

On the other hand, I investigate accidents. The more people who contact attorneys, the more work I have.

My statistic? I would say 1/3 of the cases I investigate are NOT "taken" by the attorney who requests the investigation. Does another "second string" attorney come in and take some of those cases? Yes, but not the high end ones.

Does that explain it? (I realize this isn't a chat board so we can end this here - I don't expect you to take time to respond.)
    aslhil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 09:16 PM
    Cohen & Cambell is not scam, but don't hire him. He is useless, ineffective, inefficient, and has nothing to do with your case. He will complicate your case, rather than helping you. Believe me.. I was his client.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is getting TV on your PC a scam? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to use the internet to receive TV channels. I am not talking about buying a "tv card" so I can hook up a TV cable. I am talking about buying the software legally and getting it set up on my PC. Is it possible to do this and if so what are some of the best sites that offer this service?

Could this be a scam? [ 2 Answers ]

Im usually pretty good at recognizing a scam, but can this be a scam or no? Notice they want to use Paypal, how secure is paypal and such? Many thanks for the message.I may not be able to come and pick the item up by myself and pay in cash,because am not in state presently to complete this...

How do you know if it's a scam? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way of telling what prodcuts are scams when looking for skin lightening methods online? (ie- I've heard that http://www.whiterskin.com is a scam) And what's the deal with chemical peels... are they good or bad?

View more questions Search