Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hubbarde Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Kenmore Elite dryer
    I have a Kenmore Elite dryer that is 7 yrs old. There is a panel on the front bottom of the dryer. When the dryer is opened to remove clothes there is a removable filter that slips into that bottom panel that must be cleaned after every use.

The dryer is not drying well, which leads me to believe that it needs to be cleaned. I have pulled back the dryer and cleaned out the back trap. The only remaining place to clean is the slot that the removable filter slips into. When I look down the slot that the removable filter slips into there is a lot of dust (oh no fire hazard) but I can't get the front panel off and the warranty/instructions do not indicate how to do this either (oh great). Please help! How do I get the front panel off? Perhaps it does not come off, but it seems like it should. I don't want my house to go up and flames and I would like to attempt this myself before I have to schedule a service call.
    wkimbel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hubbarde
    I have a Kenmore Elite dryer that is 7 yrs old. There is a panel on the front bottom of the dryer. When the dryer is opened to remove clothes there is a removable filter that slips into that bottom panel that must be cleaned after every use.

The dryer is not drying well, which leads me to believe that it needs to be cleaned. I have pulled back the dryer and cleaned out the back trap. The only remaining place to clean is the slot that the removable filter slips into. When I look down the slot that the removable filter slips into there is alot of dust (oh no fire hazard) but I can't get the front panel off and the warranty/instructions do not indicate how to do this either (oh great). Please help! How do I get the front panel off? Perhaps it does not come off, but it seems like it should. I don't want my house to go up and flames and I would like to attempt this myself before I have to schedule a service call.
    On my Kenmore Elite HE3, the lint filter slides into some guides that are part of a plastic bracket on the inside of the dryer. There are three screws that hold this piece in place, and when removed, you can get a crevice tool into the space, and pretty far down the air path to the left.

CAUTION!!! There are TWO (2) wires that connect to the plastic bracket, which (I think) are a part of the moisture sensing circuit. If you pop off that bracket after removing the screws, the wires will come loose, and may fall down into the inside. That will require you to remove the toekick panel to get the wires back up so you can reconnect them. (Note the genuine experience coming through?)

There is also a dryer cleaner kit I got from Bed Bath and Beyond that has a longer crevice tool that lets me reach in even further. You will be able to clean much further without removing the plastic bracket.

Take a look at Bed Bath & Beyond Product

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Dryer won't heat [ 16 Answers ]

I have a heavy duty Kenmore Elite dryer for about 5 years (bought new) but it doesn't heat now. Power works fine. The inside part turns/tumbles fine. Light works when you open the door. We clean lint out each time. Just doesn't heat on any of the dial settings. I've switched power at the...

Kenmore elite Dryer - [ 3 Answers ]

My kenmore dryer starts the drying cycle then after about 2 - 5 minutes shuts off. It will restart after about 30 minutes. I have checked the thermal cut offs hi limit thermostats, etc. Any suggestions?

Kenmore Elite Dryer issue [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old Kenmore Elite dryer model # 11062992102. When I press the start button all goes well however when I release the button the dryer stops. Is this a motor issue or is it an Even Heat control panel issue. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Kenmore Elite Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

From time to time, I am able to select my drying selections, load size and all the settings but when I push START it only "clicks" and will not start. Then the next day, it is like it "resets" itself and works fine. There seems to be no reason when or why this occurs. Is there any reason why...

View more questions Search