Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missthang247959 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2011, 02:27 PM
    How much jail time for a 1st time probation violation?
    Ok my boyfriend went to jail on march 1st on a 1st time violation of probation the violation was a dirty urine He had 15 days to go and his 6 monthes was up that was his max date. So how much time can he get wit that or will they let him out on his max date the 16th?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2011, 05:36 PM

Hello miss:

I have some bad news. Probation is in LIEU of prison, so there's been no calculation regarding his PRISON release date. That means he can be sentenced to do ALL of his original sentence in jail. That doesn't mean they will. In your bf's case, I'll bet they'll let him out in another couple weeks. They'll probably extend his probation too.

I'm just guessing, you understand... Nobody can tell you what's in the mind of a judge.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2011, 06:29 PM

Yes, if he was sentenced to six months probation , it does not matter if he only had one day left. He can be made to serve the entire probation time. So if he had six moths probation, he could have to serve up to 6 months
    Edy020 Posts: 72, Reputation: 14

Apr 11, 2011, 02:45 PM
    If he was placed on probation for six months, and he violated the state may ask him to do the six months in jail. However, that being said, this actually almost never happens. What will probably happen is that his probation will be extended, and he will be referred to an outpatient drug treatment program.
    Good Luck, and God Bless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the average jail time for first time probation violation in Texas? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey I got into some trouble a couple of years back, and got put on 9 months probation for a Class A Misdemeaner. I'm now being accused of probation violation for not fully doing all the probationary requirements on time. This is the first time for this and I now have a warrant out on me. I'm...

How much jail time on a first time probation violation [ 6 Answers ]

How much jail time on a first time felony probation violation

2nd time violation of probation jail time [ 2 Answers ]

So my boy friend has court for a second violation of probation... this violation is because he could not pay. He has no job and its been very difficult for him to find a job.. and the first volaiton was because he didn't keep incontact wit his officer because he was hospilatized for a little bit......

Violation of probation 1st time with 1st drug charge offense [ 12 Answers ]

OK so here is the situation: 2 years ago this December a friend of mine was arrested for possession of cocaine with intent to sell, possession of marijauna, and possession of paraphonalia. He served 1 night in jail and was released on bond. When he went to court he was able to drop the charges down...

1st time probation violation [ 4 Answers ]

I was arrested for domestic and I got probation and one of the stipulations was no alcohol, and on new years I had a couple of drinks and on the second of jan. had to take a pee test which I'm sure I'll fail, because they use that new ETG and it had only been 30 hours what kind of punishment am I...

View more questions Search