Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2007, 08:00 AM
    How to transfer probation
    Hello:

Ask your PO to supply you with the WRITTEN policy and procedures manual for his department. In it, you should find a paragraph about transferring probation. By asking about this document, he'll know that you want to transfer, so he's not going to be surprised when he receives your request. This whole thing is about avoiding surprises.

Next; don't go yourself, but get a job and a place to live in the other state. Write the probation agency that will be doing your supervision. Introduce yourself. Tell them about your job, and your place to live. Tell them about your crime and how sorry you are. Tell them that you are about to request a transfer, and wanted to give them a heads up.

Then, make your request in writing to your present PO. Having read the rules, you'll KNOW that you meet the criteria. Therefore, in your application, DON'T ASK!! TELL them that you meet the criteria for transfer according to rule such and such... cite the rule.

A request formed in that manner will be awfully hard to turn down. If it IS turned down, you've got your ducks all lined up for an appeal.

This procedure works equally well for both federal and state probation.

excon

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Transfer [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Alabama and am currently on probation. I am wanting to move to Tampa, FL and I was wondering how I would go about transferring my probation from the county where I live to another state?

Transfer my probation [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I wanted to know can I transfer my probation from ca to tx if I still owe money in fines and restitution...

Transfer probation [ 3 Answers ]

I have posted a couple of times, but I was wondering about this. I spoke with the po here in Illinois about getting a travel pass for a month to go to Utah. He said that would be fine but I have to see him first. The question is this, once I am out in Utah could I go to the probation department...

Probation transfer [ 1 Answers ]

What is the estimated fee for probation transfer

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search