Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlanorhitatruck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2011, 08:42 AM
    DVD will not play on PC computer.
    I bought a DVD of my hot air balloon flight over the Vallley of the Kings in Egypt. THe DVD does not playback on my PC Windows 7 with Windows Media Center. In fact when I load the DVD the resulting window says the DVD is empty and can be burned. The puzzling thing about this is that this same DVD will playback on my daughter's iMAC. How can I get my PC to read and play this DVD?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2011, 09:42 AM

Blame the Digital Media copyright act.

Likely reason is it was encoded to both PAL, and to a different region code (to make piracy more difficult cross borders). And your computer is blocking what it senses as something that you should not have based on location.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Mar 20, 2011, 06:23 AM
    Try using DvdDecryptor to rip the VOB files to the hard drive. It will not work on a Mac unless the Mac has windows capability but decrypter may see the disk when Windows can't. If you can get the VOB files onto the hard drive you can use a free media reader like Mediainfo to view the details of the file. 25.000 frames per second is PAL format and 23 or 29.970(976) is NTSC. I have successfully used Nero Express to change a PAL dvd to NTSC by selecting NTSC in the options at the bottom and then when it asks near the end if I want to remain PAL I select no. Its also possible that the optical drive in your machine doesn't support the type of media (disc brand) they used and updating its firmware might correct it. The Mac's optical drive could be different. Perhaps if you used the mac to rip the VOB files out, you could transfer them over to the other machine and use Nero or another app to put them on a different type disc you know works. In Nero, if you looki in its directory for the acrtual nero.exe you will load the original Nero Burning Rom and then on the left select DVD and then in the drop down DVD-Video and then select NEW, it will create an empty VIDEO_TS folder for you to fill with the ripped VOBs.
    lidonsmith Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2012, 02:37 AM
    This is caused by the DVD copy protection.
    I think you can learn some knowlegde from this article
    http://www.magicdvdripper.com/can-not-copy-twilight-saga-breaking-dawn-part-1-dvd.htm
    In this article, explain the DVd breaking dawn why can not play and copy, all of these are due to the digital copy protection, and this article gives a solution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Picture dvd will not play in my computer.. what can I do? [ 11 Answers ]

Bought a picture disk from telescopes while at the beach. It will not play in any of my computers, but I know that the pictures are on it because I printed some at the store.

Why won't a memorex printable dvd play on a dvd player? [ 0 Answers ]

I burned a home movie to a regular dvd and it plays on the PC, Mac and DVD player attached to the TV. When I burn the same movie to a printable dvd it won't play on the DVD player.

DVD CD drive does not play [ 3 Answers ]

I am using a ACER POWER 2000 with a Mata DVD RAM UJ85JS drive . The drive indicates that it is accessing a loaded CD or DVD but never succeeds in reading or playing the CD or DVD . There are no lower or upper filter settings in the registry. I have removed the DVD and it has reinstalled. I...

To Play my DVD [ 5 Answers ]

I am facing a problem with DVD... Actually I am using InterVideo DVD for playing.. But now my DVD is not opening with that.. Some formats are compatible with Real player that's y I can easily open in real player. But some formats are not compatible with real player. So please any one...

View more questions Search