Ask
    scivydraws Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2011, 06:49 AM
    What is the maximum distance for a 2" trap arm
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 15, 2011, 07:38 AM

Hi scivy...

In my area, maximum developed length between a vent and a 2" PTRAP is 6 feet... see image below.

In some other states, maximum developed length is 5 feet, but to be sure what your state requires you should check with your local plumbing/building department.

Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maximum distance from tub to trap [ 7 Answers ]

In order to provide a convenient place to locate a drum trap for a bathtub, and in order to meet the 5' minimum distance requirement (from trap to vent), I will need to place this trap about 6' from the actual tub drain. Is this acceptable, or is there also a maximum distance requirement that must...

Maximum vertical fall distance shower drain to p-trap below it. [ 1 Answers ]

What is the maximum vertical fall distance between the shower drain and the 2 inch trap just below it? :)

Maximum distance from sink to p trap [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, What should the maximum distance be from the bottom of the sink to the p trap. If I stay within this distance is there any problem installing a p trap below floor level? I want to do this because of space limitations when installing a pedestal type sink. Thanks, Tom

Trap arm [ 1 Answers ]

Tom your answers did help. But I donot understand why after I unsoldered the chrome trap and started to apply heat to the copper pipe to unsweat it, did the other side of the 90 become unsoldered ? Is there a different way of unsweating street elbows versus cast copper elbows ? Maybe the copper...

Unsweating trap arm [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 90 degree cast copper elbow as a stub out for a bathroom sink with a 1.50 inch trap arm soldered into the 90 degree elbow. I need to replace the trap arm so I heated up the elbow to unsweat the joint and instead of the trap arm coming loose from the heat the other side of the 90 degree...

View more questions Search