Ask
    silas1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2011, 01:54 PM
    Why does floor drains backup
    What causes rain water to backup through the floor drain
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 02:23 PM

Saturated ground and a poor sump pump or failed one. Do you have a curtain drain and sump pump in the basement. Curtain Drain Installation | eHow.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floor drain backup. I think? [ 4 Answers ]

OK guys - I've got a doosey. Lets be clear here... my husband doesn't know that I'm writing this. :p But before I go spending $5000 I want another opinion. Here goes: We live in a 2-story old home (think depression era). We have a washer and dryer in the basement, and added (we had a...

Floor drain backup [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I need some advice on a floor drain backup problem. Three years ago we had our line inspected with a camera and it showed the floor drain line, also has the basement toilet connected to it, had some backflow. The floor was jackhammered and the "Y" where this line connects to the home...

Sewage backup in tub when washer dishwasher drains [ 1 Answers ]

Please help. I have a small house with 2 bathrooms. The problem is when the washer drains or the dishwasher drains most times the toilet on the same side of the house will start to bubble the shortly after starts to fill as well as the tub with sewage. My house is on a septic system. Wife is...

View more questions Search