Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emjo29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2011, 11:40 AM
    If my gold ring has a stamp saying 18 K
    If my gold ring has a stamp inside it saying 18K with an A inside a circle
    Why would I be told from a jeweler that it wasn't real gold?
    Should I just take his word for it or get a second opinion? Don't want to drive all over town
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 11:49 AM

Let your fingers do the walking. Call several jewelers and ask.
    TheRottweiler Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2011, 08:08 AM
    You could ask a jeweller to do an acid rest for you and that would determine what exactly your ring is made of. Usually a letter in a circle would mean the manufacture of year, you should have other marks in the ring which would give more detail, like the hallmark, the assay office origin, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gold stamp 417 and silver stamp 925 [ 2 Answers ]

On gold, what does the stamp 417 mean and on silver what does a 925 mean?

A stamp on the inside of my ring that says FISTER? [ 0 Answers ]

My father got a ring from somewhere and we don't know if the stones in it are real. On the inside it is stamped FISTER/10K. I know what the 10K means I just don't know what the FISTER means. Can somebody please tell me what FISTER is?

On this ring there are the numbers 375 which I know but a second stamp I don't know [ 1 Answers ]

The second stamp has in capitals " DIA " all on its own like this and I don't know what this means do you know the answer thanks

Mark on gold ring , is it really gold? [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a "gold" ring that was advertised as 10K gold but upon receipt I find that the mark is not exactly 10K. It has what looks to be a capital U with what looks to be an arrow passing horizontally through it from left to right, but the arrow tip is not visible, only the arrow "tail", It is...

View more questions Search