Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tahermy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2011, 11:35 AM
    Leaving work notice period?
    I have a contract with my job for 1 more year, and I got a better offer to leave now. I gave them 5 month notice. Is that acceptable, or they can refuse my resignation?
    rexxpert Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2012, 11:13 AM
    It depends. Some labor contracts contain a non-compete clause, which *could mean* that you cannot pursue other employment in the same field for a period, or that you cannot pursue a job with your employer's customers, etc.

Suggest you carefully review your contract's wording... you have the right to quit, but not necessarily accept employment elsewhere right away... if you want to contact me, I'd be happy to take a look and give an unofficial opinion (AM NOT AN ATTORNEY, but was a contractor, and left that employment early and successfully)... I believe you can contact me through the email feature above...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NJ law about how much notice when leaving an apartment before lease is completed? [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know what is the time requirement needed to be given to landlord to break lease.

Leaving my job without giving Notice Period! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have recently resigned from my services, whereas I haven't got paid for the same month becoz I have not given the notice period to the company, Currently I was on a probation period, what does the law say in this case or by which mean I get my salary? Conveyance will be paid by me which is...

30 day notice of leaving with no signed lease requierments in Ca. [ 2 Answers ]

My roommate left giving only 7 days notice and says he is only required to pay the prorated portion of the month he was still there.Is it true that no notice of leaving is required if there is no written lease?

30 day notice of leaving rental apartment, California [ 1 Answers ]

I need a draft of a 30 day notice for leaving a rental apartment in California.

View more questions Search