Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaak65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2011, 11:30 AM
    Can an individual pay a tax payment plan and pay reduced child support?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 15, 2011, 05:42 AM
    The IRS wants their money. The don't offer payment plans. They are dealing with millions of taxpayers.
    That being said, if you fall behind, you can contact them and work out a 'plan' but it won't be any advantage over paying now. The penalties and interest are very high for not paying, and mostly they will just knock some of that off.
    They do take credit cards... I wouldn't start racking up those 20% interest charges though.
    There are tax reduction companies out there, mostly ex IRS agents, who for a fee will negotiate on your behalf. Be careful who you pay.

As for child support, you go back to court if your income has been reduced and ask the court if they will lower it. Pleading an inability to budget and control spending, forget it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Never ordered to pay child support can you get back pay [ 9 Answers ]

I have a soon to be 13 year old daughter. Her father has only seen her maybe 5 times her whole life. He has never been court ordered to pay child support but we did have a paternity test done when she about 1 year old. But he wouldn't stay in one place or keep a job long enough to get a support...

Sign on bonus tax or employer pay on home down payment? Tax impact? [ 1 Answers ]

Would it be better to have my new employer pay me a sign on bonus or have them pay the mortgage company on down pay on new home purchase? Florida, do not own a home since 10/2004. Married w/ no dependent children. Salary is 100K ann.

Do I pay state tax on child support in Michigan? [ 1 Answers ]

I receive child suppoort for my children and we live in Michigan. I know Federally it is not taxable. What about for the state. It listed it as income in the instruction booklet. UGH! Please help.

I pay child support and would like to know if I can claim on tax return. [ 5 Answers ]

My child lives with her mother and I take her sometimes weekdays and every Friday. No court involvement. I do pay child support. As for medical insurance, not my choice, the mother has her on public aid. She says its all up to her if I can claim her or not and I want to split it every other year...

Child support to Pay? Or what to Pay? [ 3 Answers ]

Will someone who just found out they are the biological father of a ten year old child have to pay back child support from when the child was born until now? Thank you for your time...

View more questions Search