Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    limegreenhippo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2011, 08:58 PM
    Back flexibility for scorpion ! Help !
    I am not on a sr level 4 team, and I the coaches haven't made the routines yet, so I have about a month to get perfect stretches if I'm going to be a flyer. I have great leg flexibility, I can do a heal stretch and a bow and arrow, but I can't do a scorpion, my back is just not flexible at all.. it doesn't matter how much I push it.. I just can't do it. I can get my leg up.. but its not good enough for a level 4 team.

This picture is close to what it looks like right now :
    HTML Code:
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/scorpion%20cheerleading/aemstar6394/004.jpg
    This picture is what I need to get :
    HTML Code:
    http://cheerleading.about.com/library/graphics/stunts/gab_scorp.jpg
    Please give me good explanations or pictures of stretches that will help me make my back really flexible so I can do this.
    flyer4life Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 08:14 AM
    Do bridges for like 3 minutes, maybe twice a day. Get a team-mate to help stretch you at practices. Repeat. Also, if you lay on your side and try to pull it that will help A LOT! That is how I usually stretch myself. Sorry if I did not help, I'm happy if it did!
    -Lauren. (;

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scorpion! [ 3 Answers ]

What are some good streches to become a really good flyer like for your scorpion and stuff. I recently made my high schools competitive team so I need to become a really good flyer(:

Lose weight or gain flexibility? [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a bit of trouble deciding what sort of exercise to do first. I am just slightly overweight, so I would like to lose weight. But I also want to become flexible so that I can get better results in a medical test that I will have to do at some point. So what would be better for me to do?...

Scorpion in house [ 4 Answers ]

Scorpion, I saw one about three week ago, and another one yesterday, small one inch ( OK it was moving and I was crushing) so maybe a little larger. It was just crossing the front room floor. I have no idea how to get rid of them, and to be honest I did not know they were even around GA...

Back flexibility [ 3 Answers ]

I have been in gymnastics now for about 6 months, I'm 19 and I'm starting to gain a little bit of back flexibility, but not enough. Right now I do bridges every night but it isn't near enough still. Is there any other stretches or exercises I could do to gain more flexibility in my back required...

My dog might have been stung by a scorpion. [ 3 Answers ]

what do I do if my dog was stung by a scorpion?

View more questions Search