Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LaneT.T.1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2004, 10:22 PM
    How is this life?
    Every day is the same. I feel like I am trapped in a corner. This world is pushing me into a dark corner. Pushing me into somewere I don't want to be. Pushing me into something I do not want to do. School, Parents, Friends, Loved ones, Working, money, drugs, alcohol, and the future. All of these are my problems. My parents are attacking me for not having an A in every class. When I have serious problems getting a D. I lose all my friends because of my choice to lock myself in my room, for my choice to use drugs, for alcohol, for being a person who acts like, another day is going to be impossible to handle. No body wants to hang out with a person like that. I had a girl friend. I was steady with her for 2 years straight. Then It all started. Everything fell to the ground.
    All the suicide attempts, the threats, and the constant talk about how much I hate my parents and living. I have no future. I have come to listen to my parents when they tell me that I will become nothing if I keep this lifestyle up. I realize that they are correct.
    So, I look for answers. Looking into ways of ending all this. I have found one great idea. But I am sure there are more out there.
    Tell me what you think. What should I do?
    rrt69 Posts: 89, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2004, 06:59 PM
    Re: How is this life?
    The way I did it was though my words like short stories or poems or art its very good in help on this things any art Not to worry your normal everyone has these problems Your not invisable. By the way your parents are normal too
    LaneT.T.1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2004, 08:01 PM
    It is just a combination of things that are pushing me. And I really can not take it. I do not know what to do. Every day gets worse. I can't stand waking up in the morning. I know it is going to be the same thing over and over.
    Alizera Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2004, 09:26 AM
    How is this life?
    Try and get out and find something else that you find fulfilling.
    mouse_d Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2004, 10:26 AM
    Trust me, if you are continually finding yourself looking for something to make you want to get up in the morning you really aren't going to find it in anything tangible. I was a cutter for 3 years and that was my way of dealing with those same feelings and it did nothing but give me scars that I have to stare at everyday for the rest of my life. The only way I found hope and release is finding my hope in Christ. Sounds korky, but that's the only reason I get up in the morning - because I know that if there wasn't a reason for me to be here I would have done something more serious than cutting... I'm prayin for you and just know that you aren't going to find what you are looking for any other way... that why we come to that point, some of us have to be shaken up before we get to where we are meant to be... no worries - it gets better...
    EVS Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

May 25, 2004, 11:11 PM
    How is this life?
    Hi there

You are most definitely here for a purpose, and you need to look for it and go for it.

Realise one thing that your parents DO LOVE YOU and they CARE FOR YOU, this is why you are getting the answers you are receiving.

You need to change your life drastically and quickly from what you are telling me. Always remember that I will be here for you if you need to ask questions at any time.

Life is short and you need to make something of it, leave an impression in this world. By committing suicide you will be forgotten very quickly by everyone.

I always advise someone like you to make a complete change, Looks, Friends, and if possible Environment.

Without sounding like I'm Preaching, find a good spirit filled church and you will find solitude and happiness. Come as you are and GOD will make the difference.

Regards
    Peanuts
    Kay Kay Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2004, 04:10 PM
    Hi
    I was depressed for about two years .It sounds like you are depressed too and the best way to get rid of depression is to get medicine from a therapist. I am just getting out of it Its strange because I have a lot of friends who think a lot of the same things but I never did and that was lucky for me.
    The thing is you are the only one who can give a meaning to your life. I felt the same way about getting up and repeating the same schedule over and over again and some mornings I just wished I could not do anything. But I did.
    Maybe it would help to think about it this way. Whatever is causing you to feel like this (for me I think it was the people around me and the situations I was put into in school mostly) you should try to look at it in a new way.

The reason I think I am much happier than I had been is because over the summer I changed. When I went back to school I started looking at everyone and everything there differently. Rather than taking the shallow people who I hate seriously I looked at them as being utterly ridiculous. And it may not seem like much of a change but it helped so much.

If I said something you don't understand you can email me. I'm think I may have started rambling off the subject and/or not answering your question.
    Shraylo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2005, 04:17 PM
    You're not alone in this world man. Lots of teenagers I know have the same problems as you, want to kill themselves because they figure they have no lives. Well man, you may not believe it, but you do. God put you on this Earth to learn responsibility, and to get a job, raise a family, live out life to its fullest. Killing yourself is only going to make things really bad for the people that care about you.

My advice: Get out of your room, clean yourself up, have some self-esteem and make yourself the person that you want to be.There is a great person beneath that darkness just waiting for that special someone, and waiting for the great things that life brings to you.

Good luck man, and if you ever need help with ANYTHING, I, and the rest of the people here at Ask Me are here for you.
    sweetangel15 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2005, 12:54 PM
    Hi!
    Hey I know what your going through. I go through it everyday. I'm depressed everyday. I have attempted suicide, but I chose not 2, in some ways I feel like I don't have a purpose here, but in someways there is a purpose. I also feel invisible to people too. I know exactly what your going through. You just got to be brave and be strong. Hopefully it'll get better. I know this wasn't really a big help, but I just wanted to let you know that your not alone, I'll be here for u. don't worry, just hang in there. By the way, how old are you?
    amIwrong Posts: 157, Reputation: 16

Apr 28, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rrt69
    the way I did it was though my words like short stories or poems or art its very good in help on this things any art Not to worry your normal everyone has these problems Your not invisable. By the way your parents are normal too
    I agree, write a book. You could go through a POD publisher even. DO soemthing that will make you feel like your expressing yourself, even it's to people who don't know you. Whatever your talent is, express it, in a way that can make you feel like your letting go of some of the tension. Your not alone, and the world is your oyster you just don't know it yet. All the most successful people come from the hardest of circumstances.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Apr 28, 2008, 11:17 AM
    One of the best ways to stop feeling bad about yourself is by shifting your focus away from YOURSELF. Although common, focusing on me, me, me so quickly leads to frustration and depression, if for no other reason than we simply aren't happy with ourselves.

That can change over time, it can change from day to day even, but meanwhile we can do real harm to ourselves during these down times if we don't shift our focus to something constructive while we are working through it. It's necessary.

The world is FULL of needy situations. You can feel better about yourself by simply doing nothing selfless things for others. It totally works.

See a lawn, mow it. Boys & Girls Club - be a big brother to some kids. Scouts - assist a den master. Campgrounds nearby - volunteer to run some outdoors programs. Collect used jackets and blankets to donate to local homeless shelters.

A life lived doing good for others is an automatic win. This not only keeps you focused on things other than yourself, but your deeds alone create a sense of accomplishment outside your grades or your family or school status. This can be good for you in so many ways, including opening doors to some exciting life choices. (Habitat for Humanity, Peace Corps, Red Cross).

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aim of life [ 25 Answers ]

I want to know what is the possible aim of life of humans on earth.

DSS in my life [ 3 Answers ]

I had my son taken away from me and my husband because we relapes on drugs and my in-law went to court to get custody and the judge said none of you are good enough for him (mind you during this time we had already started getting help again after being clean for three years) my son is 2 he changed...

Aah the life... [ 2 Answers ]

Staying at Deer Creek State Park, out in the middle of nowhere (I thought)... doing some computer work while the kids are traipsing around outside looking for bugs, spiders and snakes... and lo and behold I get a message "there is a wireless network in range"!! An amazing world we live in, aye?

My life [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a lot of dreams in my life and I finally want to move forward and make something of my life.Do you see me making any of my dreams reality and will my life turn out OK or end up worse. Thanks in advance

Now all I think about is a life with her [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, this is my first post.

View more questions Search