Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Polkadot45 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2011, 05:28 PM
    Chemistry
    Estimate the equilibrium concentration of N2(g). Consider the chemical reaction 2NH3(g)- N2(g) + 3H2(g). The equilibrium is to be established in a 1.0L container at 1,000K, where Kc = 4.0* 10^-2. Initially, 1,220 moles of NH3(g) are present.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2011, 04:18 AM

Can you write down the expression for Kc?

Then, assume that x moles of NH3 dissociates to form N2 and H2. If x moles of NH3 dissociates, you'll gets x/2 moles of N2 and 3x moles of H2. From there, you get a final number of moles of NH3 as 1220-x moles.

Then, you use the expression I told you to get above and substitute in values, before solving for x, then, looking for x/2.

Can you post what you get? :)
    DrBob1 Posts: 425, Reputation: 86

Mar 17, 2011, 02:38 PM
    As hard as it is to read, the question must be dealing with 1.200 moles of NH3, not 1,200 moles. 1.2 Moles is 20.4 grams. 1,200 mols is 20.4 Kg - a little much for a 1 liter container.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chemistry [ 1 Answers ]

If the column of water in the water barometer rose to a height of 38 feet, what would the atmospheric pressure be in mm Hg?

Chemistry [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between molecular weight and molar weight

What is chemistry? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need help with a homework question. If you help me I will be so grateful. What is the correct definition of chemistry?? My homework is due Monday so please help!! Thanks!!

Chemistry [ 2 Answers ]

Suggest a possible method for separating each of the following Solid phase ojects of greater density than the liquid in which they are contained. Solid phase objects of less density than the liquid in which they are contained. Two immiscilble liquids of greatly varying densities Two...

View more questions Search