Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stockups Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Circuit Breaker
    I have 14 gauge electrical wiring with a 15 amp circuit breaker can I change that circuit breaker to a 20 amp.

Thanks Michael:D
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2007, 04:34 AM
    No, all the circuit wiring for a 20 amp breaker must be #12 wire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Circuit breaker installation [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm attempting to do something that I've never tried before, Install a breaker switch. I'm using 12 Gauge wire and a 20 amp breaker switch. I definitely need some guidance in this. Is there anybody out there who can help me?

Circuit breaker [ 3 Answers ]

A circuit breaker connected to the kitchen tripped twice. I had an electrician in but the problem persists - in fact, the very day the electrician came. It does not seem to be caused by any one particular appliance. The first time I was using the waste disposal and the next two times nothing was...

Circuit breaker blowing [ 5 Answers ]

When I run my dryer, I blow a circuit after about 5-10 minutes. Any suggestions?

Circuit Breaker Won't Switch To On [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'd appreciate anyone's advice. Today, I realized that one of my condensing units isn't working properly. So I was turning the breakers to both the A/C downstair and upstair units on and off periodically during the day to figure out the problem. Nothing has been solved on that end, but...

Circuit breaker popping [ 4 Answers ]

We just got a new refrigerator and the circuit braker for the air conditioning keeps popping. We live in Central FL by Daytona and it is really hot right now but we can't keep the air running. Help!!

View more questions Search