Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 18, 2011, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    I could care less how many encounters the Catholic church would rate as legit because the Catholic Church has it's head so far up it's own butt it can't see clearly.

It's important to help people think clearly about this situation, certainly...but to say that these spiritual encounters on these levels are rare is ignorant. Dr. Lester Sumrall literally had people come to his church WEEKLY from around the world for deliverance from these spirits..and these aren't the 'bump in the night' ones either...these were hardcore, "grown man talking out of a little girls mouth" type of problems. Why was he able to dig these up while the Catholic Church can only find them here and there...because a lot of these things only manifest when confronted with spiritual authority. These things do go on more than most people will believe.

Is every case? Certainly not...but I take these things VERY seriously.

Is there some reason that when I tried to look up this person your talking about there is no mention of his "special powers". And the only thing that is actually stated about him is that he feels he was healed and went on to become a televangalist ?
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Mar 18, 2011, 07:32 PM
    Haha... special powers? Seeing as I never mentioned anything about "special powers", I couldn't tell you about them.

No, he was not a "televangelist". That type of name carries nothing but a derogatory undertone. He WAS however the first person to secure a 24/7 Christian broadcast company from the FCC. The charismatic movement in the USA pretty much started from his ministry. There probably isn't much about him online because there's no dirt to dig up on him. Funny how that works, huh? People are only interesting when they have dirt.

"Feels" he was healed? The doctor was so positive he was going to die that night from TB he had already filled out the death certificate. God gave him a vision that night of a coffin and a bible and told him to choose right then and there what he was going to do. He woke up completely healed and never stopped preaching until the day he died. You might have "felt" you were healed too in that situation.
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 19, 2011, 03:16 AM
    Dr. Lester Sumrall literally had people come to his church WEEKLY from around the world for deliverance from these spirits..and these aren't the 'bump in the night' ones either...these were hardcore, "grown man talking out of a little girls mouth" type of problems.
    If this were actually true and happening on a weekly basis then it constitutes special powers. According to you persons from around the world knew about this. But yet not a single mention anywhere ?

Seems very odd.

Mar 19, 2011, 05:55 AM
    Again, what's your basis for special powers? He was simply someone who was willing to be used by God. If anything it shows the degree of laziness that most Christians have today. The bible tells us these signs will follow those that believe... healings and the casting out of demons.

You're completely fooled if you think the media is going to pick up on this stuff. Like I said, there's no dirt on him. There is always going to be somebody who doesn't believe something... no matter how much evidence you present. That's just humanity.

Save your "special powers" for the New Age movement. That's not how God operates. It's available to every Christian.
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 19, 2011, 07:21 AM
    Again, what's your basis for special powers? He was simply someone who was willing to be used by God. If anything it shows the degree of laziness that most Christians have today. The bible tells us these signs will follow those that believe...healings and the casting out of demons.

You're completely fooled if you think the media is going to pick up on this stuff. Like I said, there's no dirt on him. There is always going to be somebody who doesn't believe something...no matter how much evidence you present. That's just humanity.

Save your "special powers" for the New Age movement. That's not how God operates. It's available to every Christian.
    Who said anything about the media? If its so true then there must be documentation to it right? And you would have access to it and can go edit the Wiki page they are on to include it. Where are all the people he healed and not proclaiming this ?

Surely they can't all be dead from old age yet. Was he a rightious man ? Im sure he was. But it seems there is a lot of healing going on in all the nontraditional denominations. I find that rather amazing. And all of it going on with little or no documentation. Does god work through others to heal the sick? In my belief yes. But does this happen every Sunday ? No. Not in my world. What your speaking of is miracles. So far as I know Jesus was the only one that walked the earth and performed them on a regular basis.

Miracle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Mar 22, 2011, 12:00 AM

I am familiar with Sumrall and Lesea.

Seems to me they are much like all the "on the air" preachers.
    They spend as much time asking for money and showing you how it won't hurt to give all you got, as they do preaching.

The broadcasts are questionable testimonials and pleas for money mostly.

That's my opinion.

Mar 22, 2011, 04:54 PM
    Understand this about LeSEA... it's a television network like anywhere else. The preachers that are on there have their own show going on... it's their air time. The teachings of Dr. Lester Sumrall stand alone on that network. Nothing even comes close to him.
    Expert

Mar 22, 2011, 08:44 PM

If his teachings are so important why are they available only at retail markup hardcover book prices , that allow a generous profit?

Should not they be made available at cost plus a percentage for expenses at paperback pricing for those unable to be glued to a radio 24/7 hoping to catch some of those teachings when and if the new preachers with their own shows (your words) stop asking for money long enough to get out any other message?

A $15.00 book is 25% of a yearly income in many parts of the world, and one book is a fraction of his output.

Catholics , Jews, Muslims, Mormons, Jehovas Witnesses , are among many that will gladly give any who ask the book or books of their teachings.
    Hell, they'll leave 'em if you tell them you don't want them and aren't interested.

Who and what are the real targets?
    Expert

Mar 22, 2011, 11:36 PM
    Continuing from Paranormal Phenomena ,
    How do you know you have a ghost in your house?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/go/exp...ort=oldest&p=4

Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Quoting ;:
    hauntinghelper
    Comment on martinizing2's post

ESPECIALLY through online discussion.

Quoting Martinizing2

Exactly.
    That is the point I have tried to get across all along. Not enough info !

Examples;
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/parano...se-559611.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/parano...on-557730.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/parano...me-561766.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/parano...me-561983.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/parano...at-562814.html

Mar 26, 2011, 09:20 AM
    Comment on martinizing2's post
    Where are you shopping for his books? I've always found them relatively cheap from LeSEA.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend hits herself when we argue, what does this mean? [ 7 Answers ]

My girlfriend hits herself when we argue, what does this mean?

People that argue over everything [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend and sometimes I just do not feel like talking to her because she argues over quite literally EVERYTHING. I can tell her that I played a cool new game today and she will try and start an argument about why it is a bad game. All I want to know is why do people like this feel that they...

How can I argue a quit claim deed [ 3 Answers ]

I signed a quitclaim deed while going through a divorce. I honestly did not know what I was getting myself into. How can I argue it?

She gets upset and we argue. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi how is everyone doing? Let me give you a brief synopsis of what's going on. My girlfriend and I have been together for about 15 months now and things are going great and they still are, but we tend to argue on average about once a week. Now this has been going on now for the last year or so,...

We broke up because we argue [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, my and my boyfriend broke up recently and I just don't understand this. We were the perfect couple and everyone said so, we were only together for a small period, 3 months but it seemed like so much longer. He's 23 and he never had a girlfriend before me so I knew I had to take it easy with...

View more questions Search