Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jnttp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2011, 11:10 AM
    How to know if I really want to marry him??
    I have been with my fiancé for 4 years and 2 years engaged we suppose to get marry in about 5 months. Sometimes I feel sooo in love with him, but sometimes I am not that sure I love him that much. I like him a lot and love him, but he has stuff that just make me mad. My family loves him, they think he is the best. He always say that he can't live without me. He is really lovable, friendly and care, but also he is selfish, he kind of think that I am the one that has to give up stuff. I am so confused I am not sure sometimes I think he is the one and sometimes I don't. What can I do? Should I break out with him? How do I know if I really love him? How is it feel how to I know he is the perfect for me?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 13, 2011, 11:48 AM

I have been married 35 years and its far from perfect, but through honest communications we deal with the stuff that makes us mad at each other. Its okay to be mad with our partners habits, how you deal with them is what counts.

It really sounds as this wedding gets closer, you are afraid to risk your future. That's okay to, as long as you are honest about your fears, and deal with them. Actually, we all have those fears before we get married, its normal, just don't let them shake your hope, and confidence in what you want to do.

Communicate with your partner, and through those communications work together to build a life you want.
    suggestionsir Posts: 14, Reputation: -1

Mar 26, 2011, 12:02 PM
    Hey !
    U are about to take a major step of your life in which a little bit of confusions may change your life completely !
    May be you are confused and not able to figure out how to step forward.
    U should have a talk with your fiancé clear out your queries and make a fair decision as at this point of time many lives are concerned with it.

Remember to not to take any decision in hurry every person have their own merits and demerits and when you really love some one you try to cope up with every problem together and try to be a part of each other's life
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2011, 06:03 AM

It's normal to have cold feet as the date approaches. Only you can decide if he's actually right for you though.

Tal is right, the best thing you can do is communicate with him openly and honestly. You need to tell him exactly how you feel about everything and discuss it before you make any final decision.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2011, 06:17 AM

First are you living together already ? If so it changes little except in your mind and from a legal standpoint.

If not, it makes a larger change since you will be sharing much more time. If you have not been to a relationship counselor to help with communication I strongly recommend it,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why won't he marry me? He wanted to marry her! [ 9 Answers ]

It's as simple as that - why won't he marry me? He wanted to marry the last girl he was with, but she ended their engagement after they were together for 7 years. He said it was mutual.. . But regardless. Now he's with me, and besides the fact that I think I'm perfectly worthy as an individual, I'm...

6 years and counting, to marry or not to marry [ 7 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 6 years, is it time to get married?

I want marry in cail he wants to marry in nc? [ 2 Answers ]

The man in going to marry is a Marine and he isn't in the USA right now and I stay in CAIL. When he returns we are to be marry around April 2009. He thinks it will be better if we Marry in NC and I feel its better if we do it in CAIL. I feel this way because my fam and are friend are her, we...

View more questions Search