Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lapeyrouse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 08:22 PM
    I need help with my riding mower.
    I have a Bolens model 660 riding mower. It's 4 years old. Last week I tried starting it but had problems. It sounded like the battery was dead, so I went buy a brand new one. Hooked it up and now it does absolutely nothing and it is stuck in gear. I cannot get it in neutral for some reason. So this may be a twofold question since it won't start and get out of gear. Possibly if I can get it out of gear it may start since there is probably a safety device, but I really don't know. So any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 12:44 AM
    Look under the frame for anything binding... yes it's a safety switch keeping you from starting it in gear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs 12 hp riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I has a problem with a defective float needle and I bought a carb repari kit. Everything went OK except I am having trouble adjusing the carb to run without having to have the choke partially open. I see a float needle adj and an adjustment on top of the carb. Anyone have a manual or instruction...

Briggs 12 hp riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with a defective float needle and I bought a carb repari kit. Everything went OK except I am having trouble adjusing the carb to run without having to have the choke partially open. I see a float needle adj and an adjustment on top of the carb. Anyone have a manual or...

MTD Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings All, I have an MTD 12hp 36inch cut riding mower that I just bought as a spare. I was told it needed a new battery so I bought and installed it. Problem is when I try to start it I get a whining or "spinning" sound. I'm far from being a mechanic BUT it sounds like a starter and or...

Honda Riding Mower [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 Honda 3813 riding mower. It starts fine, but once I engage the blade, the mower proceeds very slowly in 5th gear then dies out (chokes out). When I don't have the blade engaged, it moves fine. It also will not go up a slight incline without choking out. Any suggestions?

Riding lawn mower [ 6 Answers ]

I have 1/2 acre of lawn and wish to replace an old Craftsman mower. Sears advertises a 17-HP Kohler Pro engine, 42 inch lawn tractor for $1200.00. Is this a good value, and do you recommend Craftsman lawn tractors? Thanks!

View more questions Search