Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah_louise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2011, 08:21 AM
    How to get out of a mortgage contract?
    Hi, I've been in my property for 3years. In September 2010 I took out a fixed rate mortgage for 2years, I haven't missed a payment and I am wishing to move asap, but when I spoke to my mortgage company about changing over to a new property which is £15,000 less they said there was no way I could do this and to get out of the contract id have to pay £3,000. The person I spoke to wasn't very helpful and seemed like he didn't want to give me any information. I was wondering if they were anything I can do, or if there was any other information avavilble about my options?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 13, 2011, 08:29 AM

In many contracts there is an early pay off fee. Like if paid off within 5 years time. Your contract may be subject to one of those. It may be possible that if you speak with a broker at the company your dealing with and get a new loan the fee may be waved. The problem is that your going to have to somehow cover the cost of both loans until your home is sold. Another way would be to rent the property until the fee no longer applies and buy yourself the other property also. You might end up keeping both. Or sell the one later when it's a better time to do so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get out of a mortgage contract [ 4 Answers ]

I have a joint mortgate with an ex partner. I have not lived in the property for 2 years and have not paid anything towards it either. I have had no contact with my ex partner either for around this length of time also. The last I was aware my ex was renting out the property. I want my name removed...

Legality of mortgage contract [ 1 Answers ]

The company that brokered our loan to our current lender was not licensed to do so. Can we legally get out of our contract

Obligations on a mortgage contract. [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I signed papers for a Clayton manufactured home,then a week and a half later,the title company called and said we had to come in and sign the papers all over again because of a mistake on their part.What I want to know is-does that mean the original contract is null and void? I am...

Can I get out of a new mortgage contract? [ 1 Answers ]

I just recently signed papers to buy a house (35 days ago). But just discovered I was misled and lied to about the terms of the contract. The way they (mortgage broker and Title agency) explained the contract is not at all how it is. They totally lied to me in order to make the sale. Is there...

Cancelling a mortgage contract [ 2 Answers ]

What happens if I cancel a mortgage contract if I am unable to make the payments and cancel before I have signed the bank loan papers? The sellers have my promise money and I am going to pay for the appraisel. What legal rights do the sellers have to make me take out a loan? It has bee about...

View more questions Search