Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharon1947 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Tenant rent in Texas, abandonment
    I have no lease agreement with this tenant they have not paid rent in 6 months they are not living there they come in middle of the night get clothes and other personals. What are my rights of abandoment and getting the use of my property back. What is considered abandoment.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Let me see, you own the building ?

And why did you not do something to evict after one month late?

** got to be more to this story if you let them live in your home for 6 months without paying.

Once they are no longer living there they have left the building, also has the elctrict been disconnected.

If they are moved out, you merely take possession of your building.
    If they are still living there, you merely file a eviction on them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leasing Tenant evicting another Tenant [ 1 Answers ]

What is required by the court in the state of Michigan for a listed Tenant to Evict a non listed Tenant on a lease/land contract when the non listed Tenant pays the monthly rent, and all utilities are in non listed tenants name at the residents and both have been a resident from day one and the...

Tenant can't pay rent [ 4 Answers ]

I have been renting out rooms in my house to make ends meet until it sells . The renters knew it was for sale before they moved in . One of the renters told me she can't pay the rent this month cause she quit her job as it was to stressful . She also said if I had to evict her then do it . I am on...

We want rent-free tenant to leave [ 2 Answers ]

We are a church that offered a rent-free room to a college kid several years ago in exchange for security duties. He is now an adult with a college education but without a full-time job. There is no written contract or lease, money has never been exchanged. We've been asking him to leave for five...

Tenant eviction in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please tell me how to evict someone for non payment for a home they were buying for me in Texas. The payments were made directly to the bank, and I didn't find out they were three months behind until the bank called to say they were going to foreclose if I didn't catch the payments up....

F1 in Oklahoma-OPT in Texas-H1B in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all!!!:) First at all, this is a great forum! I've been reading a lot of posts, and they are very very useful. Now I got a question for the tax experts and non-experts too:p!! This is my case: I was studying and working as a Teacher Assistant in Oklahoma from 08.26.02 to 03.06.05....

View more questions Search