Ask
    mukhil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2011, 02:21 AM
    What meat dog will eat?
    What meat I can put for my lab dog?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 13, 2011, 03:29 AM

Do you mean what kind of meat you can put in with the dry food ? What are you feeding your dog now ?

Tick
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 13, 2011, 10:35 AM

Dogs will eat any kind of meat, as long as you don't feed them cooked bones, it's generally pretty safe to feed most meats. I like to stay away from pork, but the occasional treat will not hurt, as long as they don't suffer from allergies. What are you feeding him now? Are you looking for info on feeding a RAW or BARF diet?
    hollysinger Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Apr 2, 2011, 05:08 PM
    Almost any meat my family is rich so we give him the finest meats we have like porkchop,unsossed ribs,and his personal faveorite unspiced steak but I am a dog expert I teach with them and on every day so that means I know that it will affect your dogs diet he will probabley want it more or stay away from it.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 2, 2011, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hollysinger View Post
    almost any meat my family is rich so we give him the finest meats we have like porkchop,unsossed ribs,and his personal faveorite unspiced steak but i am a dog expert i teach with them and on every day so that means i know that it wil affect your dogs diet he will probabley want it more or stay away from it.
    If you were a dog expert, you would never ever feed a dog the way you describe. A sure way to shorten a dog's life.

Tick
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2011, 10:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hollysinger View Post
    almost any meat my family is rich so we give him the finest meats we have like porkchop,unsossed ribs,and his personal faveorite unspiced steak but i am a dog expert i teach with them and on every day so that means i know that it wil affect your dogs diet he will probabley want it more or stay away from it.
    Pork is terrible for a dog and can often cause severe reactions, not to mention the high fat and salt content.
    I have no idea what unsossed ribs are but if it is cooked it is also very dangerous to feed to a dog.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 3, 2011, 12:20 AM

Just want to point out that according to Hollys profile she's only 9 years old, so far from a dog expert. Just another kid that wants to be noticed. :)
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2011, 09:59 AM

Not all dogs can handle A RAW diet, I know breeders that feed their Alapaha's (the breed I have) raw whole rabbits. One thing I would like you to keep in mind, is if you are going to change your dogs diet keep in mind canines are omnivores not carnivores like most people assume. In the wild canines will also eat some forms of plants. Changing a diet without doing it slowly can also make a dog sick, as the change is hard on their bellies.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2011, 02:09 PM

*i know alty, eating rabbits is sad. I don't feed my guy rabbits*
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 6, 2011, 02:52 PM

Holly is 10, 9 when profile was written, so we can cut her a bit of slack. However Holly, please start using punctuation, capitals, and spellcheck. We apprecaite you wanting to help but we take the title expert seriously so we need to to not use that for now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog ate a meat bone my dad gave him. My dog is now shaking and is lethargic [ 10 Answers ]

My dad heard on a radio show it is good to give dogs bones. So he gave my dog a meat bone and now my dog is shaking and acting lethargic. What should I do I am worried and concerned??

Mini-dachshund can't eat cooked meat anymore . Why? [ 3 Answers ]

Prior to about 3 months ago, my mini-dachshund could enjoy a nice treat of cooked chicken or turkey and have no repercussions. Since she was spayed, every time she eats cooked meat, she gets diarrhea (obviously I am not giving it to her anymore). I was wondering what would cause this new...

My dog will not eat anything but any type of meat what can I feed her besides meat? [ 2 Answers ]

My dog,Sheba,will not eat anything but meat.I know why she won't but how do I get her to eat dog food again?Sheba is nine years old and she has some arthritis and I put an arthritis pill,that my veternarian gave me, in her dog food a couple weeks ago and now she won't eat her dog food because the...

My GSD won't eat, picks out meat [ 13 Answers ]

Hey I had just adpopted a dog yesterday she is a Yr old White German Shepherd named Blanca . When I brought her home she was kind of scared but she quickly got use to the family. She took a nap, explored the house and just got use to the house pretty quikly. But when I Tried to feed her...

View more questions Search