Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    motherof4 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Adopting a stepson
    I am wondering how to approch the adoption of my son gregory. My husband now has been in Gregs life since He was 2. My son now will be 12 feb. 21st. Which is old enough to know what he wants. See his biological father has not been in the picture for awhile. He was in and out a few times. But it has almost been a year since contact. My question is after 7 month here in Maine you can get other parent on abandoment issues. Should I go to court House and get abandoment papers and get sold custody before I get a lawyer for the adoption. Or will it matter? Thanks Valerie ketchem
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2007, 08:09 PM
    You will need to have his bio father to sign over his rights. Sole custody still does not take away fathers rights.

You need to get the attorney who will prepare the proper paper work for your ex to sign.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to go about adopting... [ 3 Answers ]

Where do you begin to adopt a child? What is the best route? My life partner & I want a baby to love. We are not legally "partners"/ or married as of yet. Should I go about this as single before we legalize? I don't know legally how we can go about this, what the laws are in Fla. In a...

About adopting another cat [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, For a couple of weeks now, my in-laws have noticed a big male cat ( not neutered yet ) running free in their neighborhood. They asked if the cat belonged to somebody. Nobody had seen that cat in the neighborhood before. They started feeding him : this cat is very affectionate. My...

Looking into adopting [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my soon to be husband and I have been looking into adopting a child/newborn with down syndrome has anyone done this or have a child with downs we are just starting to look into this we would like to adopt after we get married! We both have a lot of expereince working with children youth etc with...

Adopting Doxie Littermates [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just adopted two rescue Doxie puppies that are littermates. Male and Female (neutered/spayed) black-n-tan beauties, 7 months. I've heard this isn't a good idea to get littermates, but didn't have a choice... I could either have both or none. Truth or fiction? Anyone? Thanks, Becky...

Considering adopting Beagle... thoughts? [ 5 Answers ]

Sorry this is so long - My husband and I are considering adopting a wonderful little Beagle that I discovered at a local shelter last week while looking for a dog for someone else. He's really a special dog and I feel a certain connection with him that I don't feel with a lot of animals. He's...

View more questions Search