Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ginotzz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 07:39 PM
    Probation violation
    A relative is on three years probation on a felony conviction of forging a drug prescription in California. He was pulled over for a minor traffic violation, and because of his probation the vehicle he was driving, which is mine, was searched. An empty hypodermic needle was found under the back seat. He was arrested and charged with a probation violation. He was not tested for drug use and is currently in jail. He hasn't appeared before a judge yet. This is his only probation violation, and probation is up in a few months. When originally sentenced the judge said it would be three years in prison for any violation. Any guess on what kind of sentence he could get?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2007, 08:12 PM
    It can be sentenced normally to the remainder of his probation time in jail.

But most likely after his jail time awaiting to see the judge they will just leave him on probation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation Of Probation [ 9 Answers ]

My husband was charged with Resisting Arrest w/o Violence. He was sentenced to take 8 hr Anger management Class. Probation for 1 year. Write apology letter to cop. Pay court fees & FInes = 825.00. My husband was pulled back into jail for Violation Of Probation. Everything else was...

Probation Violation [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. My husband was arrested two weeks ago when he went to see his probation officer because of a failed drug test. He was arrested on the spot and has been in jail every since. I talked to his PO and he said he would ask judge to reinstate and send him for rehab. He also said it could take a...

Probation Violation [ 10 Answers ]

I am a probation violator in the State of Virginia... Will my probation officer look out of state for me if he has a brother or sister address... I have a lot of time over my head but non violent charges.. What will they more than likely do when it comes to looking for me?

Probation Violation ? [ 2 Answers ]

I was doing well on probation for drug sales.Made it to mail in,had to report every third month.Got in trouble with CPS.failed a drug test with CPS.When time to report to PO.I got scared because of failed test with CPS.It's been 5 months since contact with PO of any kind.What am I looking at,and...

View more questions Search