Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hurstrj50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Minimum wage
    The law says that certain seasonal employees are not covered by minimum wage but no onle lists what seasonal employment means. I work part-time(less than 40hrs/wk for a golf course as a ranger/cart attendant, are they required to pay me minimum wage since I am generally only employed March through October? Are lifeguards at a public pool covered by minimum wage?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Many firms have exceptions from min wages, and yes many of these could be exempt from min wage. But in most states, if not all of them, they all have their own min wage laws, But yes in general all of the jobs you listed could be exempt

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OPT-H1-1040NR-6251-Alternative Minimum Tax [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I am also in a situation which many have already discussed about in this forum. I have also transitioned from OPT to H1 in 2005. But since my status started in October, I had the advantage of filing NR form and taking advantage of the US-India tax treaty. However I had got the...

Copper pipe minimum depth in wall? [ 1 Answers ]

Howdy all, Is there a minimum depth that copper pipe must be installed within walls? In other words, minimum clearance between the pipe and the drywall? I know there is for electrical lines, so somebody hanging a picture doesn't drive the nail in and electrocute themselves. I have an...

LP Gas Pressure minimum? [ 1 Answers ]

Ive got a 250gal lp fuel tank. My central unit is giving some major problems after a lighting storm came through. The tech. came out and replaced a defective motor on the unit but is still having problems with the heater staying lit. My tank is at 20%. The tech. is now saying that it is the...

View more questions Search