Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kazrossi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2011, 10:58 AM
    I have to close my business whilst I have an op do I have to pay my employees?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 12, 2011, 11:01 AM

First ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

But, most likely, you have to pay your employees for any work they have done up to when you shut down the company. The employees as well as the dept of labor can sue you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 12, 2011, 12:33 PM

Excuse me?? You don't give us enough info to help you and you have the NERVE to give me a negative rating.

Please review the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2011, 01:57 PM

It appears someone else already gave you a warning since I tried to

So:

How dare you give someone a negative rating for trying to help you.

You give no info, where you are at, the type of business, the number of employees, are there union or other contracts. Do they have vacation or sick days they can use that you have to pay. How long are you going to be closed.

You were to come and "answer" your own question or even do a comment.
    Perhaps a positive rating giving more info

Your poor rating of an expert trying to help you is a bad thing to do.

You need to go back and tell them you are sorry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you work whilst on statuary sick pay [ 0 Answers ]

My mums husband has been working for my dads company for about 5 years. He's been signed off statuary sick pay which means my dad is payting him money weekly. We've just found out he's now working for another company but we thought he wasn't suppose to be working. Any advice would be great, thanks

Why do employers as employees to keep their pay confidential [ 5 Answers ]

Are there any laws that prohibit employees from discussing their salaries with other employees?

Deducting pay from salaried employees [ 1 Answers ]

I have a salaried employee who has requested a vacation day that is 2 months prior to his being eligible for paid vacation time. Can I deduct 8 hours pay from the pay period in which he takes the day?

Do non-employees pay taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I worked as a nanny for six months. Now I got my tax papers and it seems that I got to pay back around $1300 in taxes. How is this possible, can someone explain to me what non-employee status mean and if my former employer was supposed to pay any of the taxes... I appreciate any help, Thanks

Cutting salary employees pay [ 6 Answers ]

Can an employeer cut a salary employees pay and move them to an hourly position because of being absent with out any kind of warning first?

View more questions Search