Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dmwd77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2011, 10:18 AM
    Is there a way I can prove someone is in my home?
    I believe that someone is in my home and the only way this would be possible is if my sons father is helping them. We are broken up but I still live here. Almost immediately after we broke up I was being followed"for sure" and it's been 2 months now and now it's been about a month that I heard a girl sneeze somewhere in my home. Our tenants are moved out so no one should be in this house. The next day I heard a man talking fairly loud. It was after I pretended to walk outside and the door closed. I called the police but they don't check the walls. Or attic or basement. I believe that my sons father is trying to make me look crazy because he only cares about money and would like nothing more to not have to pay me child support and look like the good guy and have custody while his mom raised our 3 yr old. I need to prove that I am not crazy and a girl and guy are staying in this home. All of my recording cameras have disappeared and voice recorders or baby monitors or walki talkies wires have been cut. Obviously someone doesn't want me to have proof and want to make me look crazy. What should I do what can I do. I want to get or rent a camera that senses body temp through walls cause they have a really clever way of getting in. Please help
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2011, 10:53 AM

Okay, first of all, I don't understand how someone could be living IN the walls? Walls are generally 5 1/2 inches deep and 16 inches apart. That doesn't really lend itself well to a human being hiding/living in there. Secondly, if you feel they might be in the attic and/or the basement why not check it yourself? Do you own the building or is it a rental? If it's a rental then perhaps there are people living and/or viewing the empty unit? If you own it, have you checked the empty unit yourself?

You can hook up a nanny cam in a stuffed toy. You can hook up a web cam with a motion detector and just leave it sitting on your desk, covered with some papers aimed towards the room.

In all honesty, I think that the best way to resolve your situation is to hire a private investigator. If in fact, your ex is going through all this trouble of stealing recording devices, cutting wires in baby monitors and walkie talkies then I think it's too serious a situation for you to handle yourself.

Do you have a history of emotional/psychological problems? If so, you may want to see your therapist or doctor to discuss the situation with them at the same time the PI is doing their job. That way, not only do you have evidence from the PI, but you also can verify you are in a healthy mental state at the same time.

I know some people may doubt your situation. Don't let that stop you from hiring a professional or seeking psychological help if you need to. I had an aunt that was not only diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic, but even hospitalized at one point. It turned out her husband had been into a lot of illegal stuff and their house was being watched by both 'bad guys' and the police. Not only that, he later attempted to use it as evidence of her mental state to gain custody of their 2 kids. The good news is, the hospital found her as sane as can be, and the police ended up arresting and charging him after she hired a PI and they learned that she was being set up and saboutaged.

Good luck to you!

Hugs, Didi
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

May 14, 2011, 04:56 PM
    Good advice grammadidi. I'm still a little confused how you could not be sure if someone was living there or not. It seems like you were the owner of the building and if that is the case go check it all out. If someone is living there, there will be evidence of such. Odd situation...
    Why do you think you were being followed for sure?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 14, 2011, 05:02 PM

Sorry, no one can be 'in your walls" there is 4 inches between studs max ( less with the new studs) and they have supports ever 16 inches all the way up and down, plus cross braces.

If you think they are in the basement or attic, go look, get a flashlight and go find them ?????

Next buy pad locks and lock your bedroom so no one can get into it.

perhaps pad lock the attic and basement if you need to.

But better choice, if you are "separate" move out and get your own place.

The fact you think someone could "live" in your walls is very scary and perhaps you need to discuss that with someone
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

May 14, 2011, 06:10 PM
    Yeah, I don't know if anyone remembers that "People Under the Stairs" movie from the 90s? Well, houses simply are not built like that. It is not possible for someone to be in your walls. I work around construction almost everyday... there are very few building situations I have ever seen that would support someone living OR hiding inside a wall or void. Turn the lights on... search the house. If nothing comes up... rest assured. If you find evidence to the contrary, you should contact the authorities.
    caisey12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 10:51 PM
    Im, very scared! I am 13... I keep hearing breathing noises when I sleep I breathe quietly. And I have 2 bathrooms one is in the living room 5 minutes away from my bedroom. There is a window right before the bathroom... I think a see a little girl with a white frilled t-shirt and black pigtails with big black eyes looking into my house. She is like a statue she never moves. And its only at night when my mom and dad are sleeping... Help me out! (im not a violent person so don't suggest me hitting/stabbing her.)
    caisey12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 10:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Sorry, no one can be 'in your walls" there is 4 inches between studs max ( less with the new studs) and they have supports ever 16 inches all the way up and down, plus cross braces.

If you think they are in the basement or attic, go look, get a flashlight and go find them ?

Next buy pad locks and lock your bedroom so no one can get into it.

Perhaps pad lock the attic and basement if you need to.

But better choice, if you are "separate" move out and get your own place.

The fact you think someone could "live" in your walls is very scary and perhaps you need to discuss that with someone

They can get a hammer and bust the lock... [If, they aren't stupid.]
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2012, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by caisey12 View Post
    They can get a hammer and bust the lock... [If, they arent stupid.]
    You are going to know someone got in if they busted a door and lock... and they certainly aren't going to be hiding in your laundry hamper or panty drawer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prove that cp-cv=r [ 3 Answers ]

prove that cp-cv=r

How do you prove [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone help me verify this trig identity? (sin(x))/(1-cos(x))-(sin(x)cos(x))/(1+cos(x))=csc(x)(1+cos^2(x))

What is he trying to prove? [ 9 Answers ]

My ex and I have been broken up for 2 months! When I talk to him it seems like he tries to make me jealous! He tells me that he has been messing around with all these girls and I know he isn't like that! Then he tells me that he was just playing! Then he brings his mom into it and tells her to play...

How can I prove what I haven't seen? [ 3 Answers ]

I am going through a messy divorce after 4 months of marriage, She claims I gave her herpes, and has the tests to prove it. She first showed that she has been infected, then within the next few weeks I took a blood tests showing that I had a high count of antibodies. Her gyn says that I knew or...

I have to prove what? [ 2 Answers ]

So you are say that I still have to get a DNA test to prove this? Even if she state it in her petition that I'm not the father and there is a sperm donor? I have to motion the court to have my name removed plus not be responsible. What right do I have to a child that's not even mines by blood. Just...

View more questions Search