Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Mar 11, 2011, 09:51 AM
    Shipping chips...
    So, not sure if this is in the correct area, but I have a sibling stationed in Afghanistan with the Air Force, and she has recently sent a list of things she and her crew would like. One of them is chips - any kind, any flavor, they're not picky - I'm thinking of sending an assortment of tasty delicious snacky chips - but not quite sure how to prepare them for shipment. I don't want them to arrive as mashed up crumbs - maybe wrap them in bubble tape and bury them in packing peanuts? Anyone had to do something similar - any suggestions? Thanks -
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2011, 10:02 AM

Are chips the only thing going in the box? If they're going in alone, they don't actually need that much protection. I work in a grocery store. The boxes our chips come in aren't even the sturdiest boxes we receive things in, and if it's a larger box then there's usually just a layer on bottom (with the bags standing straight up) and a thin layer of cardboard on top then the next layer. As long as we don't ram anything into the boxes we never have problem with product being damaged.

I'd pack it just tight enough that the chips aren't moving around but not so tight that you accidentally smash them.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Mar 11, 2011, 11:15 AM

Surprising! Somehow I manage to mush my chips on the way home from the store! (it might be my son who is 'helping' load the car after shopping by putting gallon milk jugs on top of things such as bread, chips, eggs, etc.. ;)) - thanks for the info -
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2011, 11:23 AM

Haha. Yep. That'll do it. Or, out biggest problem with damaging chips is when certain people are stocking the shelf! Lol they get there fine, and then they're crammed onto the shelf.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chocolate chips [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one know of a way to keep chocolate chip candy from melting? Need to take it to a pot luck. There is no frig. Sunduster

When is it time to cash in your chips? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello: Speaking of death panels... I have no stake in living for a long time, just for the sake of living a long time. Certainly, even healthy people will face a time when their quality of life has diminished to the point where they're dependent on others, and it ain't going to get...

Sodium free chips [ 2 Answers ]

I have been diagnosed with hereditary high blood pressure. So what are some low sodium chips or chip alternatives?

Are there spy chips in your clothes? [ 6 Answers ]

Interesting that Levi Strass has something to do with spychips. Use link: spychips.com - how RFID will compromise privacy, security, freedom

View more questions Search