Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 10:54 PM
    Which is healthier turkey ham or pork ham or turkey sausage versus pork sausage
    The reason why I am asking because I just read an article that said pork bacon was better for you than turkey bacon because of all the unnatural products they put in turkey bacon.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2011, 11:44 PM

While that may be true of some, it's important to read labels as ingredients will vary from brand to brand. The turkey bacon I buy is all natural, no weird unpronounceable stuff, and way lower in fat and sodium than my favorite pork bacon. And I've seen some pork bacons with all sorts of unnatural ingredients added.
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2011, 09:53 PM
    Turkey Products
    What are the best brand for healthy turkey products without ingredients with names you can't pronounce?

I am looking for turkey sausage, bacon, and burger products.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2011, 10:50 AM

Really, it's all about reading the labels, and being educated as to what is in your food.

If it's possible, I would get my local butcher to make some sausages that are 100% meat and just a few spices, and no other ingredients. Failing that, read the label, and be aware that the better the quality, the more it is likely to cost. Very cheap food is cheap because it is full of junk.
    the other ray Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 07:23 AM
    When it comes to taste, the only way to make turkey bacon is in a microwave. Pan fried turkey bacon loses flavor for some reason (believe me we've tested this with strangers). Because it has so much less fat than pork bacon, a simple piece of paper towel is all you need to absorb the fat. It is better to overcook than undercook in the microwave. Test cooking times but it's more than you'd think.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Frozen sausage [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys! I have frozen sausage in the freezer, I want to make it for dinner. Is there anyway I can cook it frozen if so how would I go about where it doesn't taste like its been frozen. :confused: Step by steps if you could please. Thankss!

Movie about turning humans into sausage [ 1 Answers ]

There was a movie a long time back that was about a couple who made the best sausage (I believe it is sausage) and they used a secret ingredient. The used people. They put them in a garden with only their heads sticking out of the ground. I remember a girl (hitchhiker?) she ran around the house...

My dog likes only sausage [ 4 Answers ]

My dog is 4 years old…she has been a very picky eater from the very beginning…It was our first dog and we spoiled her as much as we could… she’s never eaten the dry food, she was eating Pedigree wet food only and you need to change it every time, because she gets bored and refuses to eat …also if...

Sausage stuffing [ 1 Answers ]

How long to cook raw sausage bread stuffing outside the turkey for sausage to be done, and what temperature

Sausage & peppers [ 1 Answers ]

Need a good recipe for sausage, peppers, and onions without red sauce, hope someone can help me out. Thank you

View more questions Search