Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JConley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 09:39 PM
    1982 dodge ram will not stay running
    my friend let his neighbor install an after market stereo in his 1982 dodge ram it is 4x4 with a 318 engine and after he installed the cd player and hooked the battery back up a wire started smoking on the driver side and the cd player does not work and the truck will start for a split second but then dies immediately every time. I'm thinking his neighbor might have cut into a ground wire because he didn't use a wire harness but I'm not for sure
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Mar 11, 2011, 06:49 AM

First, can you tell what was burning up? Hopefully, it was the stereo harness and not the truck's harness, etc.
    Go back and remove the entire stereo wiring and restore the truck to original (if possible) and try running the engine again.
    bigbrew82 Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Mar 27, 2011, 04:57 PM
    Sounds like the ign in line fuse

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1996 dodge ram 1500 brake lights won't light up turn signal and running light do [ 2 Answers ]

My 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Tail Lights will work with my turn signals and running lights however, they won't work whenver I engage the brakes!

1982 Model G11E Lennox Heating and Central AIr unit; Blower running slow [ 3 Answers ]

Air was on working fine, noticed it had stopped, went into furnace room and found water on the floor, (coming from under furnace, in motor compartment) obviously and icing condition. Took care of water let it thaw all night now blower motor is running very slow, capacitor is good on motor, motor...

1982 dodge truck alternator not fully charging [ 1 Answers ]

I have been working on my 1982 dodge d 150 truck with a 318 and my alternator is not completely charging my battery. It will run for a little bit but when I turn on the lights it dies with in 5 minutes. I replaced the alternator then took it back and had it checked, it was good. I noticed tha the...

1982 dodge truck alternator problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 82 dodge d 150 with a 318 my truck was dying and was not charging so I changed the alternator and it worked until I turned on the headlights then it died I noticed that the belt was loose so I tried to tighten it and then it ran fine all day then that night I turned on the lights and it...

Dodge ram a/c [ 14 Answers ]

A friend of mine has a dodge ram truck and his a/c is not working. Just warm/hot air comes out. I looked under the hood and see that the compressor activates for about a second and then shuts off for about 5 seconds. On and off just like that. I put a similar relay for the a/c clutch relay but...

View more questions Search