Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zoraidajai22 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 06:44 PM
    I messed up.. so how do I make it right and get her back
    I am 22 years old and I'm a lesbian. Now that the facts are out the way..

This is my problem

Me and my ex were together for about a year.. I was childish and I cheated on her... we have been broken up for about a year...

Now we are on a friendship status...

The problem is I'm still in love with her and she is still in love with me.

I have done a lot of maturing and growing within the last year
    And I realized she is the only one for me.. I guess what they say is true in this case... "you don't realize what you have until its gone"

She wants to be back with me too...
    But she's scared that I will just hurt her again...
    She's scared that I haven't changed...

I was her first love

Now my questions
    What do I do to prove I have changed?
    How do I show her?

Please give me some advise!
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2011, 02:04 AM
    Be honest with her.

But don't wait around for some redemption, or some immediate answer from her.

You may love her, but you can't assume anything. That's in your head.

She's scared. I don't blame her. Actually, if I was her, I wouldn't be in a rush to get back with you. If at all. Especially after a year.

Exs are exs. For whatever reason(s).

Maybe you should move forward, prove to someone else that you are different.

amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2011, 02:21 AM

You broke her trust,that's a hard one to mend.

I think you leave this in the past and move on.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 11, 2011, 11:44 AM

Time and very good behavior can rebuild the trust, so be on your best behavior, but be aware she may never get over her fear of getting hurt again, nor ever fully trust you, or love you the same way.

Back off, and don't push for what you want so hard, because you ruined what you had, and may never get it back, and sorry will never satisfy people you hurt.
    zoraidajai22 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2011, 09:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vanheart View Post
    Be honest with her.

But dont wait around for some redemption, or some immediate answer from her.

You may love her, but you can't assume anything. Thats in your head.

Shes scared. I dont blame her. Actually, if I was her, I wouldnt be in a rush to get back with you. If at all. Especially after a year.

Exs are exs. For whatever reason(s).

Maybe you should move forward, prove to someone else that you are different.

I can't she is the only one I want
    I'm not assuming anything.. just what has come from her own mouth.
    She has told me over and over that she still does love me.. she's just scared..

At night we talk on the phone... we even sleep on the phone
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2011, 04:58 PM
    Take it slow, don't push.

Regaining trust takes time. Like you said, you were her first & you betrayed her.

Not a great first experience for her.

If she decides she wants some commitment, let her tell you.

Go about your own business, without the fear of losing her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I messed up too many times and now how can I make him trust me? [ 9 Answers ]

We have been together for 6 years now. The first five I never dreamed of cheating on him. I have been tired with him because I want to get married and he is in no rush or to even have a baby. I get frustrated with him because he makes me feel like I am never going to get these things. None of this...

How do I get back my ex-boyfriend when I messed up? [ 5 Answers ]

I made some mistakes in our relationship some major ones and now that we have broken up I just want him back and actually have relaized what I have done. I would get mad at him for everything and even to the extreme of hitting him. Right now I work full-time and go to school full-time so I'm...

I think messed up.how do I get him back [ 4 Answers ]

I've been seeing this guy on and off for 3 years now. At first it was more of a physical relationship, but as we spent more time with each other we started getting closer and closer. About 4 moths ago we started talking after being apart for about 3-4 months. This last time things were very...

Messed up relationship but I want my boyfriend back [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I've got a really long story it started about 3 and a half years ago I was on a dating website and a boy messaged me with no picture or anything asking me to add him to my msn and for some reason I did, we started talking on msn but I gave him a false name because I had no idea who he was, then...

I've tried everything, I want her back but I think I messed it up [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, how do? Rite let me cut straight to it, my ex broke up with me (the week before vanantines day) after a year so she could be with someone else, someone who cheated on her twice in the first week they went out. I said id take her back because I still loved her, she said she didn't know what...

View more questions Search