Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amy112 Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Mar 10, 2011, 03:56 PM
    Vegetarian help please..
    I have vegetarian beliefs and want to start being a vegetarian again. I was a vegetarian for awaile and wouldn't eat any meat,but now,all I seem to be eating is flesh! I'm really scared I will lose my friend if I tell her if my vegetarian diet is an off and on habit and not an ongoing thing like she thinks I've been doing... can you help me? I haven't been meat free for at least maybe a year or even more.can you also tell me ways to start fast?

Thanks.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Mar 10, 2011, 04:10 PM

I'm confused by your question. So you want to know

A) What to do about your friend who thinks you've been a vegetarian for an undisclosed period when in reality you've been eating meat

B) How to start eating a vegetarian diet quickly

Well, as far as A goes that's really up to you. You can let her know you're a phony and have a good chuckle over it, or you can keep it a secret. It's not really a big deal.

As far as B goes, just stop eating meat. Make sure you have a good plan of action as far as how you're going to meet nutritional requirements for protein, vitamin B, iron, etc (I eat a lot of eggs, nuts, quinoa, beans, tofu and I take a B12 and iron supplement). If you also wish to cut out dairy, also think about how you're going to get calcium in your system (I take a calcium supplement as well). It's important for people starting on a vegetarian diet to ensure they are getting all their nutrients. When I first went vegetarian at 14 I lost some hair and my nails got white spots under them because I was not very smart about substituting the nutrients you get from meat.

Good Luck!
    Theshadowguy3 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 10:03 PM
    If this person can truly be considered a "friend" they will respect the fact that you occasionally have trouble sticking to your diet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pesco-Vegetarian [ 4 Answers ]

Hi once more! Im not too sure where to put this question because its concerning a few topics. But basically. Ive been a pesco vegetarian for a year now (A person who eats seafood but not other meats) because I love animals dearly and wouldn't like to eat them or have them go through such cruel...

Vegetarian meals [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, and thoroughly enjoying it. Now, a question, please! For reasons of both health and economy I am trying to cook more vegetarian meals. The problem is, everything I produce seems to taste of the same three things - tomato, garlic and chili. Please...

Becoming a Vegetarian [ 3 Answers ]

I'm thinking of becoming a vegetarian and I have been eating meat for all of my life until now . If I stop eating meat all of the sudden will I get sick or something and are than any tips or special guidelines to follow while being a vegetarian?

Going back to vegetarian [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all I was vege last year, but took no suppliments for the loss of proteins etc that I was not getting from meat, but after a year of losing weight, for which I thought was normal, I was taken to hospital in an ambulance after fainting. This was a worry to me, and I was told that due to my...

Vegetarian [ 10 Answers ]

My problem is I'm a vegetarian. I want to be, and I am. Too bad my parents won't accept that. I don't eat meat. And I have absoutley no problem when other people do. I just don't like it. I've only reciently confronted my parents about my non meat eating choices. And they've gone balistic. My...

View more questions Search