Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fawjiya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 02:03 AM
    Assalamu Alaikum
    I'm Fawjiya from Srilanka.I'm a student.I have a doubt please explain me.someone say every muslim women should dress habay only.Is it correct or wrong?I think it is wrong.But I don't know how do I explain them.another question; which dresses women can dress? I don't dress habay,But I dress salvari,skirt and bluose.those are not fit or small dresses.I wear hijab also.I cover all body without face.is it correct or wrong?some people wear black habay and black hijab.is it right or wrong?
    AbuBakr_Fin Posts: 216, Reputation: 3

Mar 17, 2011, 04:44 PM
    Wa `aleikumus-Salaam wa raHmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.
    Both are OK, no problems. Don`t worry. You are dressing well, and it is giving a good example in sha Allaah, so people might understand that Islam is not in a particular style of dress, but in the obedience to Allaah and Rasuul -sAaws. It`s sad that so often men who themselves shave and dress like whatever that no-one even knows if they`re muslims or not say that the women have to look like this and that.
    But what you ask about is not a big issue, it is very minor. It doesn`t make someone less someone's brother or sister. Both opinions surely have evidence, and there are many opinions as it`s a wide subject, and the `ulamaa may have differences of opinion of what is preferred, and your Deen is for Allaah - you follow your best understanding within it. So avoid arguing about it, think good about them and be shy and sincere to Allaah.
    And it`s not you that needs to bring proof. They are making the claims, so if they don`t bring proof, you don`t need to take their opinion. From any people you can take or leave what they say of opinions, except Al-Mustafaa (sAaws). From all what you mentioned I don`t know anything you are doing outside The Sunnah in your dressing, and Allaah knows best, and it is He, Who has provided us our clothes to cover ourselves. AlHamdu Lillaah.
    AbuBakr_Fin Posts: 216, Reputation: 3

Mar 17, 2011, 04:52 PM
    Comment on AbuBakr_Fin's post
    But if you were my daughter, then I would make sure you blouse or something is long enough to cover the form of your hip also, because even a long skirt that covers all of you feet and is not see-through is revealing from the form of the upper part of you hip, which is particularly a weak spot for men, may Allaah protect you from their eyes, and the eyes of all muslims from all fitan, aamiin
    fawjiya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2011, 02:28 AM
    Comment on AbuBakr_Fin's post
    Thank you very much sir.Allah is great.I think my Deen is for Allah. Ask dua for me and all the people.I love islam very much.Don't worry sir I think , The sunnah is in my dressing style.Always I live for Allah.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assalamu alaikum warah... I want to know about tharaviah namaz because here everybody [ 0 Answers ]

Assalamu alaikum warah... I want to know about tharaviah namaz because here everybody confusing me. Please explain about tharaviah namaz

Assalamu alaikum! I wanted to ask you whether we have to shake our finger while we are [ 1 Answers ]

ASSALAMU ALAIKUM! I wanted to ask you whether we have to shake our finger while we are in the attahiyyath position in prayer?some of the muslims they shake their finger but some do not.if yes,ARE THERE ANY HADITHS RELATED TO THIS?

Assalamu alaik kum [ 0 Answers ]

I'm kadjiboutian writing you from ethiopia I would like what says the HOLY QURAN about the couple having sex in the wrong way: behind? Thank you

View more questions Search