Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2011, 07:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I would love to see statistics showing how long the average stay is after registration, how many questions/posts are made during that stay, how many newbies post only once and are never seen again, and how many newbies are still around after a year of posting. I bet the last number is fewer than 50.

I almost never come over to the Forum Community site but came on over to post this thread: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...er-565257.html

Speaking about keeping members - I think Emily got herself crucified (and the word "retarded" was thrown around, something I find very offensive), and I don't know why. I see no problem with a legitimate question from someone who is concerned, obviously hasn't taken any training, wants some answers.

Maybe if the question is too stupid to answer people should just walk on to the next question. Maybe if you think her questions are time wasting it would be a good idea to ignore them and move to the next question. This criticism coming from an expert must REALLY be hurtful.

Her age shouldn't matter (I realize she's in high school), and she's been a member for quite a while. Let's see if she, as a member who has posted many times, comes back. Would a newbie? I doubt it.

So much for the group hug and peace in the valley.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 26, 2011, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I almost never come over to the Forum Community site but came on over to post this thread: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...er-565257.html

Speaking about keeping members - I think Emily got herself crucified (and the word "retarded" was thrown around, something I find very offensive), and I don't know why. I see no problem with a legitimate question from someone who is concerned, obviously hasn't taken any training, wants some answers.

Maybe if the question is too stupid to answer people should just walk on to the next question. Maybe if you think her questions are time wasting it would be a good idea to ignore them and move to the next question.

Her age shouldn't matter (I realize she's in high school), and she's been a member for quite a while. Let's see if she, as a member who has posted many times, comes back. Would a newbie? I doubt it.

So much for the group hug and peace in the valley.
    Looks like it had a major edit from what your saying. Guess some of us will never know. I wonder how if it had been a new poster what they would think of it ?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 26, 2011, 04:03 PM

I have to agree with Judy to a point. Having a family member who is mentally retarded, I too take offense to that word thrown around as it was in that thread!
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2011, 11:09 AM
    The "Edits" aren't always warranted.

Principals before personalities,, the rules need to be followed by all on here,not just the few in command!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search