Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tokenacres Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 05:29 PM
    Can I get a job as a heavy equipment operator if I have an OWI?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 9, 2011, 06:28 PM

There is no "drivers license" required to actual operate the equipment. The issue is that many that operate also have to drive the trucks that carry the equipment to job sites. Thus a DUI can make the employers insurance higher.

But as in many industry, construction work is down, and there are many operators out of work now

But you can try, what experience do you have in the field
    tokenacres Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 08:03 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Thanks for the input. I have 2 years experience on lull and skytrak forklifts. 5 yrs operating front end loader/backhoe landscaping hunting and fishing resort. 6 years prior military combat engineer veteran (dozer, graders, loaders). North Country heavy equipment school. Plan on going to a ATS school for more training, but I don't think anyone will hire me because of OWI charge last year. I don't want to spend more on school if its not possible to get a job. Any more input would be greatly appreciated.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 9, 2011, 08:23 PM

Push the military service, and look for some of the smaller companies ( lower pay of course) also are you willing to relocate to get positions. Example in south Georgia they have sand operations where they dredge sand, that use a lot.

Also small landscaping companies
    yasir70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2011, 11:17 AM
    American online jobs. (pro-330022)
    For more detail please visit our web site americanonlinejobs dot com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truck driving job with 2 owi convictions [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 owi;s one in July of 2003, Another in January 2004, (both in personal vehicle} I have a class a cdl... have over 1,000,000 miles safe driving award... what company will hire me?

Owi offence [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend just got a owi tonight and she got a mip the like a half a month ago I don't know wats going to happen to her she is only 16 so I don't know wats going to happen so help EDIT> (fr chuck) my best quess, My girl friend got a "operating while intoxicated" and she got a "minor...

Owi [ 4 Answers ]

How much time can you get for 6 owis my last one was 14 years ago ?

View more questions Search