Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Micromax Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 04:06 PM
    Can Access 2000 Object Library use a different Const, than msoFileDialogFilePicker?
    I used Access 2003 to create a database and saved as Access 2000 format. I used some code that downloads a logo. This won't work in Access 2000 because of the Library Microsoft Office 9 Object Library can't pick up the msoFileDialogFilePicker object. It think it's a variable. I'm not sure if Access 2000 is setup right or the msoFileDialogFilePicker really isn't available in Access 2000. Does anyone know if there is a way that the database can be distributed to have this logo download if the user is using Access 2000? Any help re: Access 2007 and Access 2010 with regards to picking up the same code or Access 2003 functionality in those later Access program would be appreciated.
    Thanks for you help.

Mar 17, 2011, 04:03 PM
    You can remove this question if you wish
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 17, 2011, 04:11 PM

References have little to do with the file format and much to do with the version of Access. The FileDialog object was introduced in Access XP So it can be used by anyone using the XP client or later regardless of the file format. However, it can't be used by earlier clients. To use the FileDialog object the Microsoft Office xx Library needs to be listed as a Reference where xx is version 10 or higher.

Mar 18, 2011, 04:25 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    I had a feeling about that Scott. I tested the database on Access 2000 and it could'nt read that line specifically that constant. Thanks Scott for letting me know. I appreciate your input as usual.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unable to access the Online Catalog of Library [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts I am Library Professional.One day a user came to me and told me that he is unable to access the OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog) services from his home I mean in LAN. But enquirred in library that in Intranet it was running. So experts I want the solution from you that what problem...

Want Button on Access Form for Inserting OLE Object into Table [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm looking for a simple simple simple solution that will allow me to add a button to an Access form. When the button is clicked, a File Dialog box should appear allowing me to pick any file to insert into the OLE package. I've searched every corner of the web and have found a lot of...

How to make iPod library, not just device library? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Ipod that I just got and put on my moms laptop, but now I have a laptop so I put it on my own computer. My library will only show up if the iPod is plugged in and even then it is not my primary library. If I click on the library (at the top of the main Itunes page) no music comes up, to...

Access loads a bitmap into a OLE object as a package [ 2 Answers ]

My client has 3 aging Access 97 dbs that run the production floor of a large plastic manufacturing plant. These are in the process of being replaced by much more robust, professional grade manufacturing control systems. The client is investing millions in the new systems, so redesign at this point...

Bitmap into ole object field in MS Access [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Access 2000 database table with an OLE object field, into which I insert a bitmap image. (This is an existing database whose design I am not authorized to change). When I do this on the system in my office, everything is fine. The image is properly displayed on the form. However, when I...

View more questions Search