Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chudrun Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 03:35 PM
    Dsl hooked to phone jack, need line to fax in same room, what kind of splitter
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2011, 06:07 AM

You just need the standard splitter that would be used to hook up a regular phone. Something like this. Should be available just about anywhere.

Just plug your fax machine into the Phone side.

Good luck,
    WallyH
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

May 1, 2011, 12:05 PM
    Yup, that's what you need. You may or may not get some "static", in which case you just need to add a DSL filter on the line to clear that up.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2011, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyHelps View Post
    You just need the standard splitter that would be used to hook up a regular phone. Something like this. Should be available just about anywhere.

Just plug your fax machine into the Phone side.

Good luck,
    WallyH
    Changed link to the example, as it went away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

With DSL line already present is there an adapter to convert a regular jack to DSL? [ 1 Answers ]

Have DSL line. Want to move PC to another room without having to call out a tech. Is there an adaptor that will convert one of the other phone jacks to DSL?

Connection of phone to caller ID to Fax from wall jack [ 1 Answers ]

In what order do I connect a landline phone to a caller ID and to a fax machine from the wall jack so that all three will work properly?

Hook up for dsl phone jack? [ 4 Answers ]

I ordered high speed internet from AT&T although I do not have AT&T for phone service. The tech installed what he calls a dry loop, and then told me that I have to run a phone jack to that line. The problem is, he worked outside, and I do not know what terminal to hook up the jack to. Any ideas...

How do I rewire my DSL/Fax to home line? [ 1 Answers ]

Line 1 is a Verizon DSL/dedicated fax line in my office. Line 2 is my home phone. It would cost $95 for Verizon to come to my home for approx. 10 minutes or less to rewire the DSL/Fax so I can eliminate the extra (fax) line. Do I rewire through the NI box on the outside of my home? Any phone...

How do I eliminate/rewire my DSL/Fax line to home phone line? [ 1 Answers ]

Line 1 is a Verizon DSL/dedicated fax line in my office. Line 2 is my home phone. It would cost $95 for Verizon to come to my home for approx. 10 minutes or less to rewire the DSL/Fax so I can eliminate the extra (fax) line. Do I rewire through the NI box on the outside of my home? Any phone...

View more questions Search