Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grace19103 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 07:58 AM
    L1 Visa tax filing - Non-resident/Resident Form?
    My husband and I have been in the US since Jan 4, 2010. He is on L1B and I'm on L2 visa. When we file our 2010 taxes, should we fill up a non-resident or resident alien form? Thanks a lot for your help!
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 10, 2011, 01:37 AM

You can file joint return as resident. You can also claim moving expenses using Form 3903. Your U.S. Tax Return: The U.S. Visas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doubt regarding to fill which form Resident/Non resident/Dual Status tax form [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a doubt regarding filing the tax form for 2010 year. I had been on F1 OPT from Jan 2010 to Dec 6th 2010. Later I moved to H1B status from Dec 6th 2010. Do I need to file, Non resident form or Resident form or Dual Staus filing form.

Filing Taxes on L1 Visa am I a resident or non resident alien [ 1 Answers ]

Filing taxes on an L1 visa am I a resident or non resident alien. Ihave been working since May 2008 Thanks

B1 status changed to J1 visa , filing tax as non resident vs resident [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I have been in the US for 1.5 years. I arrived on July 2006 to work as a physician alien and research scholar. I was previously in the US partially for at least 6 months each of the previous years from 2002 to 2005 on a B1 visa. When I came to the US in 2006 I had a J1 visa. I filled last...

Part time resident or non-resident for state tax form? [ 3 Answers ]

:( hi, I was on F1 visa in Texas till the month of September. Then moved to North carolina in October to work on OPT till December. So I am still eligible to fill the 1040NR-EZ form. But my confusion is the state tax form since for Texas I did not have to fill one. And now in the D400 state tax...

View more questions Search