Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dtsdilip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2011, 08:43 PM
    choosing a value in validating list and dynamic change in other cells
    Say in sheet 2 I have name, age, sex, address.
    And tn sheet 1 on choosing a name Ram in column B in list box(data validation) I should see dynamic text in Column C, D, E with Age, sex and address info respectively. After sometime in column B if I choose Sita then her info should change in C, D ,E. How to come up with a solution for this..

Is macro required or can we do in excel itself and how? Help me with sample codes..
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 8, 2011, 09:29 PM

No need for a macro. This is done all the time with simple lookup formulas.

I use INDEX/MATCH for this, but you can also use VLOOKUP() or LOOKUP() based on some other restrictions about the layout of the table you're searching. INDEX/MATCH has none of those restrictions.

Here's some sample sheets showing what I think you're looking to do.
    INDEX/MATCH Examples

INDEX/MATCH explanation
    [SOLVED] Match two cells composed of text in the same row

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Structural differences is that eukaryotic cells evolved from prokaryotic cells? [ 0 Answers ]

I have this for homework and don't get it? Can u plese help me? Thanks

Summing Dynamic Cells [ 7 Answers ]

Sorry for all the dumb questions :( I'm still getting used to excel. I need to go down a column and sum some cells before it. However depending on the column this may change. I tried using the Sum function but that requires the values to be set. In a column the sum cells will be the...

Can someone walk me through validating a debt? [ 3 Answers ]

When it rains, it pours. I was on my way out the door this morning to go to court to file a motion to set aside a default judgement on one lawsuit when I nearly tripped over a new summons. Asset Acceptance LLC apparently bought 2 accounts with my name on them and lumped them together into one...

Validating legal judgements [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am in the process of re-financing my mortgage and for the first time ever I have discovered that there is a judgement against my name (name only, not my property) and my ex husband's name for an unpaid rent debt of 4,000. This rent was SUPPOSED to be paid by my ex during our separation...

Clicking differnet cells and it selecting all cells [ 2 Answers ]

Just wondered if anyone knew what I did to get ms excel to select all cells from A1 to what ever cell I clicked on. Thought it was sticky keys but it was turned off. Clicked left mouse button and it moved cells then when I clicked other cells it started using that as a new ref point and selecting...

View more questions Search