Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimcharles Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2011, 03:30 PM
    According to the equation of NA2O2 + H2O = 4NAOH + O2, how many moles of water are needed to fully react with 10 moles of sodium oxide?

The balanced equation is 2Na2O2 + H2O = 4 NAOH + O2. I don't get how to start.

How do you figure out the formula to use for: how many grams of water are needed to fully react with 200 grams of sodium oxide?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 8, 2011, 04:55 PM

So, kimcharles, why are you asking this questions three times, possible because you didn't get an answer immediately ? Sorry, we are all volunteers here and possibly our chemistry person won't be around for a while because she has another paying job.

Tick
    DrBob1 Posts: 425, Reputation: 86

Mar 8, 2011, 08:36 PM
    Your reactions are NOT correctly balanced as written: neither O nor H add up correctly.
    Fix that problem and maybe you will have success.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2011, 10:29 PM

kimcharles: Your threads were merged

Balanace correctly your equation first, making sure your symbols are correct. 'NA' should be written as 'Na' for instance
    kimcharles Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2011, 10:12 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Umm no. I didn't realize I had submitted the question 3 times. It is hard to figure out if you have submitted and my computer kept timing out. No offense.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2011, 11:38 AM

But... what about the question? How did you do it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 23, 2011, 12:14 PM

Hi kimcharles, no offence taken, just wondering why you did that.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chemistry [ 1 Answers ]

If the column of water in the water barometer rose to a height of 38 feet, what would the atmospheric pressure be in mm Hg?

Chemistry [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between molecular weight and molar weight

What is chemistry? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need help with a homework question. If you help me I will be so grateful. What is the correct definition of chemistry?? My homework is due Monday so please help!! Thanks!!

Chemistry [ 2 Answers ]

Suggest a possible method for separating each of the following Solid phase ojects of greater density than the liquid in which they are contained. Solid phase objects of less density than the liquid in which they are contained. Two immiscilble liquids of greatly varying densities Two...

View more questions Search