Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ithappenstoall Posts: 363, Reputation: 37

Mar 7, 2011, 10:33 PM
    Registeering a holding Company
    Hello,

I am currently looking to register a holding company and I was wondering where would it be most favorable to do so, I have heard that the Cayman Island are a good place to do so.

In addition what are the steps to follow or where can I go to start the process.

Thanks for your advice
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2011, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithappenstoall View Post
    I am currently looking to register a holding company and i was wondering where would it be most favorable to do so, I have heard that the Cayman Island are a good place to do so.
    Hello It:

What kind of "favorable" treatment are you looking for? Taxes? Privacy?? Business opportunities? Safe haven? Account protection??

Each place offers something different.

excon
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 8, 2011, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithappenstoall View Post
    Hello,

I am currently looking to register a holding company and i was wondering where would it be most favorable to do so, I have heard that the Cayman Island are a good place to do so.

In addition what are the steps to follow or where can i go to start the process.

Thanks for your advice
    Register? Do you mean place of incorporation?

Sometimes this place is a half-way decent alternative for finding free legal tips (i.e. "legal advice"). This is not one of those times. Invest in the services of a few professionals (lawyers, accountants, financial planners). It will be well worth the investment.

And if you have enough money coming in that you need to set up an offshore holding company, you can afford it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Start a holding company [ 0 Answers ]

How do I go about starting an investment holding company? I'd mainly be investing in stocks, mutual funds and bonds. Also, how should I structure it? Would simply forming an LLC work? Any advice would be great.

How to start a holding company? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm thinking of starting a holding company. I want to hold everything from shares in other companies to real estate to actual businesses (such as franchises or starting a new business and hiring a CEO to run it). While I may be young (19 years old and in college studying Finance) I still want to...

Starting a holding company [ 1 Answers ]

I'm thinking of starting a company with two other partners so that we can own various interests in established companies. We don't want to own any of these interests personally. Is a holding company the best way to own? AJ

Holding company property [ 5 Answers ]

I am leaving a company that owes me a great deal in commissions. I will never see most of the commissions if any at all. I have a company laptop that I am considering keeping until I get all of my commissions. What are my rights where this is concerned? What could happen to me legally if I refuse...

View more questions Search