Ask
    johngee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 10:47 AM
    Would a holding tank in warm room prior to heater save energy
    Room temperature water would be entering rather than cold ground water
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2011, 11:05 AM

Um... could you rephrase your question in full? I'm having a hard time understanding what you're asking exactly? :confused:
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Mar 7, 2011, 12:58 PM
    The water heater will require less energy, but the room will be slightly cooled (as a result of the cold water sitting in the holding tank cooling the room off). If you're also using energy to heat the room (from another source), you may not be saving any energy overall. On the other hand, if this room is naturally (i.e. without any man-made heat source) warmer than the temperature of the ground water, then yes, you will save energy this way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water heater as a holding tank for furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I frequently run out of hot water in the shower. I have a furnace that heats the water directly. My question is; Can I use a hot water heater as a holding tank, so I don't run out of hot water? If so what do I need to complete this task?

Do I need to install a jet pump, a pressure tank and a holding tank? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a new home with nothing but the 1inch well pipe stemed through the cellar wall. My house is not on town supply line. Do I need to install a jet pump that goes to the pressure tank which then sends water ot a holding tank? Or is the pressure tank by itself all that I would need? Or a...

Energy save [ 2 Answers ]

I'm going to open a Laundry coin operated I have two options on the large capacity washers first option is 2 phase and second 3phase wich one is going to be more efficient saving energy?

View more questions Search