Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ysue4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 08:06 AM
    Acer laptop not accepting WiFi
    I have been happy with my Acer, it has limitations but I accepted it due to size and price.

My question is most times my WiFi picks up and I can connect to the internet - some are open and others require network key with No problem.

But I am staying with friends and they have WiFi. I get strong signal and on the Wireless Network Connection Status it actually shows my connection of 3 days but it says Limited or NO connectivity. So I am using landline which is very slow.
    Why has this worked in other locations but not this one?
    Help would be appreciated.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Mar 8, 2011, 07:08 AM

There are a few things that could give you a Limited or No connectivity message.

Click Here

The above link is a link to a sticky created by Chuck & Retso (past members of AMHD) Retso includes a quick how to diagnose a Limited or No Connectivity issue.

Please follow his steps and reply to this post with answers or questions pertaining to the steps you have tried.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to activate gateway wifi router with acer aspire 5517? [ 11 Answers ]

Have the dreaded feeling I've overlooked something very basic. I'm also thinking that the Acer Aspire 5517, Win7, part of this question may be important because I've tried to follow a couple step-by-steps and the instructions start differing from what my software presents. --Tom

What steps do I have to go through to access wifi with an acer aspire 5517 laptop? [ 4 Answers ]

The only way I can access the menu which shows available wifi connections on my Acer Aspire 5517 laptop is to click on Control Panel, then click on Network and Internet, then click on Connect to Internet, and then the menu showing available wifi connections appears. Isn't there an easier way? I...

I have a laptop with wifi capabilities [ 2 Answers ]

Also a hometop computer with highspeed with comcast how do I get wireless internet...

Laptop WiFi Connection [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I will start by saying I am an idiot when it comes to computer technical jargon so bear with me. I have a Dell laptop that has been working fine for a few years great WiFi connections from both my home and my neighbor's wireless connections. So last night I was trying to clean the laptop...

View more questions Search