Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lonely2010 Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Mar 6, 2011, 11:22 PM
    About the Resume Formats
    Hey, everyone.
    I am planning to write resumes and I don't know which format of resume could be better for a HR to read? Word? PDF? Or JPEG?
    Seems Lots of companies now they are using ATS (Applicant Tracking System) to Filter CVs. Most resumes are transferred to the format' txt. 'or maybe some other formats. And this could easily turn out lots of dis-ordered symbols in the resume which can be hardly read.
    Some people suggested " txt." But I don't think it's the best way to get read and appear to be attractive.
    I see a PDF resume or Picture format could be more easier to read . But its hard to decide.
    Which format do the companies like best? Will they refused the Different Formats?
    What Can I do? To make it look better without strange symbols and can get found easier ?
    Please Help. :)

Mar 16, 2011, 05:27 AM

Anyway, does any art resume work? Make it like a designed resumes. Does the companies like that?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 17, 2011, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely2010 View Post
    anyway, does any art resume work? make it like a designed resumes. does the companies like that?
    Only if the job opening is for graphic design or for an artsy position.

A resume should be short with lots of white space, a summary that will get you the interview. Companies' ads usually state if they will accept a Word or .pdf attachment, or if they want the resume to be sent in the body of the email message.

How well have you condensed your work and education into a summary?

Mar 18, 2011, 03:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Only if the job opening is for graphic design or for an artsy position.

A resume should be short with lots of white space, a summary that will get you the interview. Companies' ads usually state if they will accept a Word or .pdf attachment, or if they want the resume to be sent in the body of the email message.

How well have you condensed your work and education into a summary?
    :rolleyes: Actually, not yet... I still have no idea about what to say and sum. There are only a few statements on my mind which Looks too simple.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 18, 2011, 03:46 AM

Are you writing your own resume or planning on doing it for others?

Yes companies are now using software to scan resumes into databases to make it easier to screen and match to jobs. So they want easily scan-able documents. However, each company has its own requirements so you need to prepare resumes in several formats depending on the company requirements.

Also you should be targeting your resume for the job. Altering the resume to add, highlight or removes things so it fits what you are applying for.

Mar 18, 2011, 03:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Are you writing your own resume or planning on doing it for others?

Yes companies are now using software to scan resumes into databases to make it easier to screen and match to jobs. So they want easily scan-able documents. However, each company has its own requirements so you need to prepare resumes in several formats depending on the company requirements.

Also you should be targeting your resume for the job. Altering the resume to add, highlight or removes things so it fits what you are applying for.
    Yes, I write for myself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need a best warehouse&logistics resume can anybody make a resume for me? [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2.8 years working experience as warehouse assistant (from 2005 to 2008) in ZYX company,Malaysia and from oct 2009 to till date I am working as warehouse supervisor in XYZ company,saudi arabia based on these details please make a resume for me

Cleaning bid formats [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a form or something to go by to submit a cleaning bid for a customer. I have only been in business a few months and have mainly done home cleaning. This customer is opening a horse shoe training facility. Two buildings (2 story dorm and 1 story office/classrooms, etc). I am in...

Changing formats [ 1 Answers ]

Can I Or Is It Possible To Change Formats From Wma Files To Mp3 Files For Music Alanwt

View more questions Search