Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisgower Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2004, 08:21 AM
    Re: Hermit Brother
    This sounds like a good ol' classic case of Chat Addiction. I remember when I used to be just like that, as an ex-nethead I would cut myself off from other people unintetionally but this would alienate my friends and family and it started to show.

If he is anything like me then he'll grow out of it, but there are a couple of approaches that you can take. You can either use the 'guilt-trip' method that involves emphasising to him how it makes you feel and showing him directly how life is without his presence in the household, OR you can bluntly deny him internet access which is dangerous, especially if he's addicted to it.

If he is addicted to it, it might be worth talking to him in a non-confrontational way (easier said then done though) about why he sits on the computer for hours on end, there might be reasons that he does this, even reasons he might not fully understand.

Though I can't be of much help as it sounds like his behaviour is addictive, here are some links:

http://www.geocities.com/rhema6/chatsafe.html

http://www.netaddiction.com/clinic.htm

Or Google it under Internet Addiction Disorder.

Hope this is helpful!
    EVS Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Jul 29, 2004, 10:11 PM
    Hermit Brother
    Hi there

I think chrisgower has said it all in a nut shell, go boy

Regards
    Peanuts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Adopted brother [ 10 Answers ]

Am I legally allowed to look for my over 18 yr old brother , even though my mum doesn't want too.. How do I go about this.. I am 30 and in UK

Help. My brother is huffing. [ 5 Answers ]

Last night I came home from a week long trip after my parents picked me up from the airport. When we got home my 15 going on 16 year old brother was home alone and the house smelled like gas for the second time within a few months period. We knew it right then and there he was huffing. We all...

Looking for brother born 7/2/47 [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for my half brother who was born in Michigan on July 2 1947. I was wondering is it possible to get a list of male's born on that date who live in and out of Michigan. And is there a way to find spouses and family. Thank you Connie

Big Brother UK C4 [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I have seen over the weekend and in the papers the last few days that Big Brother is back on the telly ! What do you people really think of C4 Big Brother. And as for Celebs lol that's got to be the biggest joke of 2006. Is it time that they laid old rope to bed? :D

My brother hates me! [ 1 Answers ]

Yet another question but this time not about my b/f... My b/f's brother. He just got a g/f about 3 months ago and me and him used to be really close I used to call him my big brother and he called me his little sis yeah close so since he got his g/f he's been ignoring me and being an ass I told him...

View more questions Search