Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seeker77 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2011, 02:18 PM
    Can spouse keep SSI on dependent if they are paying ch suppt and it's less than SSI?
    Husband will be paying 20% which is only 200 monthly. But he gets $400.00 addit for our son from SSI. Can he keep that amount even though I have custody? He says he will give the $400.00 to me, but the legal forms says child support is 20%, which will be less than 400.00. Doesn't really matter either way, I'm just curious.

Check out some similar questions!

Can children of a disabled parent who receives ssi also get ssi checks? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I apply for my 2 babies to receive ssi checks... I've been receiving an ssi check since I was about 18.. the mother of my babies is living back at her mothers because her mother has sarcoma cancer and had her leg amputated up to the tip and the cancer then spread to her lungs so she is...

Difference in SSI and SSD when petioning for spouse [ 1 Answers ]

Recently,I went to an immigration lawyer with my fiancé,whom I plan on marrying in a month.The lawyer said we can marry then go back and file papers.My fiancé needs a sponsor because I am on SSI.Not SSD.I need to know what the difference is when it comes to SSI and SSD and if being opn SSI and NOT...

How do you live after paying child support from your ssi benefits? [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to help my son, we live in KY and He really needs all the help he can get.. He pays 3/4 of his SSI ck every month in child support. I would like to find out if this is really legal.

Do I have to file? Parents claimed me as a dependent but I received SSI benefits [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question about SSI benefits and whether I have to file or not. Long story short, my dad is disabled and receives SSI benefits. I don't live with him anymore (I live with my mom and stepdad), so he chose to have part of that come to me. I get a set amount each month. I forget exactly...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.