Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunsetdove32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2011, 02:00 PM
    a/c no different for mobile home then standard home
    I have a coleman evcon dgat070bde furnace and we want to add central air. (2 summers ago husband bought unit off craig's list used and the person selling it came out and installed an a-coil and a drain something or other, I think the unit it only a 1 ton anyway it cooled somewhat the 1st summer but nothing last summer) My husband has found a trane x80 (10 years old) furnace and a/c for 500.00 3 ton. Should we just buy a new a/c system. If so what size 16 x80 mobile home 1280 sq ft.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2011, 03:18 PM
    Never seen a 1 ton residential A/C before. You will need at a least 3 ton unit, in most localities of the USA. Often you will also need an upgraded blower package, for many mobile home furnaces if it was not ordered originally for an A/C option. BTW you can't install a residential furnace in a mobile home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost to move mobile home trailer home in Missouri [ 7 Answers ]

How much does it cost to move a used single or double wide mobile home in Missouri, specifically near St. Louis and Jefferson Counties? We are looking around at used trailers for sale and can't decide if we want to buy one that's a good deal on sale price a little farther away and have it moved...

Mobile home owners and mobile home renters [ 2 Answers ]

Can a mobile home park owner have home owners and home renters in the same park in the state of Oregon?

Conversion of mobile home to single family home [ 5 Answers ]

In 1995, we bought some land & moved a salvaged mobile home on it. The mobile wasn't permanent meaning we only needed to live in it until we could build our house. We first added onto the mobile a 12x60 section. We then began to tear down the mobile home & eventually added a front section. The...

Mobile home supply valves - non-standard sizes? No adapters? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently bought two appliances that need a cold water supply - a drinking water filter that mounts under/on the kitchen sink, and a self-cleaning cat box. Both come with T-valves that screw onto the supply valves, providing water for the appliances and the sink or toilet. The water filter...

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

View more questions Search