Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marisablue Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2011, 09:24 PM
    Awful smell from shower drain,after each shower.
    Every time we take a shower, an awful smell comes up from the shower drain. We have tried everything... Drano, Mr.Plumber, Baking soda and vinegar overnight... I've tried using a hanger as you guys said to remove hair and soap scum. I can't get the hanger down far enough. What do we do now? It has become very worrisome for us. We just bought this house 3 years ago. The bathroom has been completely redone and I'm worried something might be wrong. This smell has only been happening for a few months. Please help!!
    Margret Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 11:56 AM
    Clean your drain with bleach
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 10, 2011, 01:31 PM

Stop with the chemicals for now. You said you used vinegar and baking soda which is my all time favorite. Is the smell a sewer gas smell, like raw sewage?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer smell coming from the shower drain during and after shower [ 3 Answers ]

Recently had our bathroom redone, (new walk in shower, bath tub, floors, counter, sink, etc.) now when we shower (after it has been turned on for about 5 minutes) we get a sewer smell that comes from the drain, it continues after the shower is turned off filling the smell through our entire...

Shower drain smell [ 1 Answers ]

Sewage smell coming out of walk-in shower drain only when in use. No other drain in house does this. Have a septic system... How can I remedy this??

Smell coming from Shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

What could be the reason that there is a smell coming from the shower drain like the sewer is backing up? :eek:

Smell from shower drain [ 4 Answers ]

How can I eliminate an odor from the shower drain?

Smell from Shower Drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a shower on the 2nd floor of my 30 year old house and I notice a sewage smell coming from the drain. :confused: The shower has not been used in over 4 years because it has a crack in the liner (it is a fiberglass shower unit). I notice the smell when the washing machine which...

View more questions Search